January Reinforcements

sage

There's that fine balance between signing hardly anyone and doing a King Billy and signing a whole new squad in January when you're top of the league.

We will absolutely regret not bringing in a striker. Granted we signed a couple of good players but that's not enough when you consider rivals have really improved their squads and we simply haven't supported the squad enough with more bodies in the building.

Another really missed opportunity and questions need to be asked. 

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I still like NML through the middle just means we'd have to switch how we play and can't see Warne doing so 

Mendez-Laing at CF (usually with astrike partner) has just 1 assist in his 6 starts at CF. Last season he averaged 1 every 3 games overall, whislt this season he's averaging 1 in 2. Moving his away from the wing would hurt the team overall

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I know we have restrictions etc but the club know more than us….deal with it …and cut your cloth accordingly!! Having 1 fit striker is nowhere near good enough and other teams will know that 

god help us now if Collins gets injured ….farcical it really is 

We’ve had money for a striker though haven’t we 

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In that case, if something does happen then we're keeping our cards extremely close to our chest, if anyone is coming in, it'll have to be nearly complete by now, even to get to the stage of getting the deal sheet in on time so it can be completed slightly after.

Another thing I find strange is that if Max Bird has been sold, why announce it so late without an incoming? I know he'll still be here on loan, so we're not "losing" him as such, but announcing a sale and nothing else at the very last minute is only going to bring negativity.

Yes I agree - the silence is very strange 

But I’m deciding to take that in a way that suggests something is happening. We do normally get an indication that nothing is happening when the journos know. I’m guessing they haven’t been told anything yet because the club are STILL trying…

Said multiple times in the past that this window will determine whether we go up or not. Look how Portsmouth and Bolton have strengthened. This could cost us automatics.

also found the strange vague post from @MACKWORTHRAMearlier a bit concerning…

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Promotion from league 1 will never be easier than this season.

No clubs as big as Sheff Weds or Ipswich. Reading and Wigan both in disarray.

To fail in January, twice in 2 years would be such a shame. 

League 1 football next year and for the foreseeable.

I mean. I can think of one....

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Can’t wait for his presser tomorrow

”we tried all we could” “we’re under restrictions” “wash is back soon”

Pinning all the automatic promotion hype on a player who made worse championship team of the year last year sounds like warne 

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

This could be the end of Warne if this backfires I could see us playing NML up front if Collins is injured or shove Bradley up top 🤦‍♂️😂

Collins also has to avoid picking up 2 yellows over the next 8 games or he's suspended for 2 games...

1 minute ago, SSD said:

"Well I waited outside Hillsborough all day for Smith and Gregory, and forgot there's other clubs with players available."

They didn’t move the goalposts in the end they moved the stadium and training ground too