January Reinforcements

sage

Ward and Smith both with a run of games and confidence for me are good L1 players, if we can loan them to a team in the league that could upset a few of the teams around us it's a good move all round.

5 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I've heard that Fornah is going to Wycombe on loan, possibly permanent at the end of the season.

hope we screw a significantwedge out of the robbing cowboy crook if true.i'd hate to do them any favours

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That honestly makes no sense to me.  No legs indicates lack of mobility, thereby fitness.  

As you get older you can stay fit but you just dont get about the pitch like you once did, happened to me. You see it all the time in pro footy, usually around the agee of 33/34.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it puts the 'blame' on the budget holder, rather than the spender? You know, 'if only I could have bid more money'.

Nope, just explains the reality of our situation and the limits of our agreed business plan.  No blame attached to anyone.  You choose to interpret it like you have because you’re looking for something to blame Warne for.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Nope, just explains the reality of our situation and the limits of our agreed business plan.  No blame attached to anyone.  You choose to interpret it like you have because you’re looking for something to blame Warne for.

But Clowes has said we have a good enough budget to get out of this league, who is correct?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

But Clowes has said we have a good enough budget to get out of this league, who is correct?

Which we may well have.  Doesn’t mean anyone can’t outbid us.  Did read anything about the loan/transfer pots earlier the week?  And the budget will be all encompassing.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Which we may well have.  Doesn’t mean anyone can’t outbid us.  Did read anything about the loan/transfer pots earlier the week?  And the budget will be all encompassing.

Yep. So again why did Warne need to mention it? Who did it benefit? Oh unless it's a sly double-bluff to the Wendies over Smith. Right, got it. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is what was said by Clowes;

"Paul has been given a budget, I think a good budget for League One that is good enough to get us out of the league. But it's football and nothing is guaranteed."

Both Clowes statement that he thinks the budget is good enough to get us out of the league and Warne saying today we’ve been outbid by another club for a player can be correct. What are you looking for them to be correct about?

We are still within a very realistic position of earning promotion this season despite the lacklustre recent performances. Having a competitive budget for promotion whilst still apparently having limitations in line with the agreed business plan seems to be the reality the club is in from what little information is out in the public domain and has been reported on by the press. 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is what was said by Clowes;

"Paul has been given a budget, I think a good budget for League One that is good enough to get us out of the league. But it's football and nothing is guaranteed."

Both Clowes statement that he thinks the budget is good enough to get us out of the league and Warne saying today we’ve been outbid by another club for a player can be correct. What are you looking for them to be correct about?

We are still within a very realistic position of earning promotion this season despite the lacklustre recent performances. Having a competitive budget for promotion whilst still apparently having limitations in line with the agreed business plan seems to be the reality the club is in from what little information is out in the public domain and has been reported on by the press. 

I didn't say they weren't correct. I expressed MY opinion on why I thought Warne mentioned we'd been outbid.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say they weren't correct. I expressed MY opinion on why I thought Warne mentioned we'd been outbid.

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You very literally wrote the question “who is correct”, sorry if I misunderstood you wanting someone to be correct about something… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You very literally wrote the question “who is correct”, sorry if I misunderstood you wanting someone to be correct about something… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The point of my comment, that the pilot BritMid objected to, was my opinion on why Warne said we'd been outbid.

Edited by RoyMac5

I have NO idea.

Fair enough. I think you’ve raised some perfectly solid and valid concerns about Warne, I really don’t get the picking apart of every single thing he says though. 
He’s shown regularly (as you’ve pointed out) that he speaks without a filter, do you really think he’s made a calculated comment to shift blame away from himself when it comes to transfer dealings? Or could it just be that he says too much and has once again not thought before speaking a little too honestly?

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fair enough. I think you’ve raised some perfectly solid and valid concerns about Warne, I really don’t get the picking apart of every single thing he says though. 
He’s shown regularly (as you’ve pointed out) that he speaks without a filter, do you really think he’s made a calculated comment to shift blame away from himself when it comes to transfer dealings? Or could it just be that he says too much and has once again not thought before speaking a little too honestly?

I made a comment and someone disagreed, we then had an argument which you joined in with. Yes I think it's deliberate, he's no fool.

I made a comment and someone disagreed, we then had an argument which you joined in with. Yes I think it's deliberate, he's no fool.

I wasn’t looking for an argument, I thought I was adding some insight and context to the conversation you were having. Apologies