January Reinforcements

sage

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Josh Earl isn't a LWB. He is a LCB or LB. 

So far this league season, he's played 4 games at LCB (in a back 3), 13 at LB (back 4), and 3 games at LWB (back 3). Whilst he was predominantly a LCB last season (when they were playing a back 3), he was actually used more as a wing back by Preston the season before that.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need two or three players that will be starters, not squad players. A centre forward, wide player and mobile midfielder would do for me….

DM - Idris El Mizouni or Conor Coventry

CF - Sam Smith or one of Ladapo or Michael Smith if possible 

Winger - Femi Azeez or Ruel Sotiriou as I think Blackett Taylor will be to expensive

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

DM - Idris El Mizouni or Conor Coventry

CF - Sam Smith or one of Ladapo or Michael Smith if possible 

Winger - Femi Azeez or Ruel Sotiriou as I think Blackett Taylor will be to expensive

El Mizouni been pretty rubbish by all accounts this season. Wouldn’t make sense for us to go for Smith now as we didn’t in the summer when he was free. Ladapo was more realistic until Hirst got a longer term injury a couple of weeks ago. 

Just now, Srg said:

El Mizouni been pretty rubbish by all accounts this season. Wouldn’t make sense for us to go for Smith now as we didn’t in the summer when he was free. Ladapo was more realistic until Hirst got a longer term injury a couple of weeks ago. 

Who would you be wanting to paul warne to look at?

34 minutes ago, rams_1233 said:

Who would you be wanting to paul warne to look at?

I don’t know, not bought football manager this year and FIFA has been crap for 10 years now. 

I know we need mainly attacking reinforcement but I'd really like to get Dylan Williams back from Chelsea on loan to cover for Forsyth as I'm not sure Elder is a great alternative although we've not seen much of him so I could be wrong.

Just now, Rammed79 said:

I know we need mainly attacking reinforcement but I'd really like to get Dylan Williams back from Chelsea on loan to cover for Forsyth as I'm not sure Elder is a great alternative although we've not seen much of him so I could be wrong.

If elder plays like he did against Peterborough and stays fit he looks like well good enough cover imo 

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If elder plays like he did against Peterborough and stays fit he looks like well good enough cover imo 

Elder is 29 this month and has played over 100 games in the Championship, he will be a big player for us if he stays fit.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

image.thumb.png.34764f49446d07cd8b47d68a0f775d58.png

image.thumb.png.979852f78004a2c09991a47b53c8cab9.png

For comparison, this is what our wingers look like:

image.thumb.png.9ccb439054ae53eb69da8876ddd1d709.png

image.thumb.png.b8a24566745b4c767cedcde7b275c655.png

image.thumb.png.5ba1891cc3e2bc514f91c9584de9ba5d.png

image.png

https://football-prospect-research-made-by-bengriffis.streamlit.app/

This really interests me. Maybe we need a data driven, ai, modern scouting thread created on here where we can suggest players based on having never seen them play, bizarre I know, but I was once told that "eyes can lie" by a well respected chief scout.

Identify players based on data, stats, hell even football manager data is at an unprecedented level of accuracy and research, then go and watch them or trial them.

Maybe im just thinking out loud a load of rubbish.

Owen Moxon has to be a player we're looking at, 

These are his stats compared to other central midfielers in league one 

WhatsAppImage2024-01-04at11_19.40_010f5a23.thumb.jpg.490880945acd1526f33a8c8d9a3e67d7.jpg

Aswell as being 6 foot 2 and winning the ball back in the final 3rd 9 times in comparison to Hourihanes 4 who plays a similar role

Moxon is in the last 6 months of his contract and is about to enter his prime years as hes 25 years old.

Seems an ideal player to pick up,

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

WhatsAppImage2024-01-04at11_19.40_010f5a23.thumb.jpg.490880945acd1526f33a8c8d9a3e67d7.jpg

Aswell as being 6 foot 2 and winning the ball back in the final 3rd 9 times in comparison to Hourihanes 4 who plays a similar role

Moxon is in the last 6 months of his contract and is about to enter his prime years as hes 25 years old.

Hourihane has spent most of this season as out deepest midfielder, whereas Moxon is more of an 8 (Guy being the deeper of the two), which would explain the higher final 3rd wins. Moxon also takes half of Carlisle's set pieces, hence his high shots and chances created stats.

I refer back to the comparison I posted yesterday. With his passing stats being so low he would be a risky signing to play as the deepest CM, taking the ball off the CBs. As an 8, he would be competing with Bird, so limited game time. For that DM role, I would actually target someone more like Dobson (stats also posted yesterday). He's a more rounded midfielder, still with high defensive output, but he also creates chances from open play (stat not shown in the charts). He's also out of contract in the summer. Also in the Arsenal U21 squad at the same time as Vickers.

20 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

image.png.813f315fe648bc0310b4da384ed87d8a.png

image.png.20750fd1e4e22bd05a42cbb2e09c6afd.png

48 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

On our recruitment track record he will be no where near. If he was 30 then maybe. 

On a serious note I mentioned him the other day and he looks a player. I think blackpool were looking at him in the summer

There’s a striker in league one banging them in - very experienced at a much higher level 

has taken part in 16 league games and has 8 league goals this season 

Doesn’t run around a lot but doesn’t need to it seems 

would probably have got us promoted last season if we had taken him on to help McGoldrick 

yep he’s still good enough and out of contract in a couple of weeks - Chris Martin 

yet we don’t need him short term, what use would a goal every 2nd game be? 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There’s a striker in league one banging them in - very experienced at a much higher level 

has taken part in 16 league games and has 8 league goals this season 

Doesn’t run around a lot but doesn’t need to it seems 

would probably have got us promoted last season if we had taken him on to help McGoldrick 

yep he’s still good enough and out of contract in a couple of weeks - Chris Martin 

yet we don’t need him short term, what use would a goal every 2nd game be? 

What's the point of putting someone like Coldplay on our wish list when we know that Chris doesn't meet PWs requirements for all the things he wants a striker to do?