Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

When you set aside all the argument, all the theory and just go with your gut feeling about Warne where are you at. We can see and feel the evidence for that collectively by the atmosphere in the ground and the length of this thread despite our league position

It’s interesting that if you have been in a dark room for around 15 months and came out of hibernation and saw Warney’s record you would think he was the best thing since sliced bread. His win % is over 50%, on a par with Steve Mac. Yet there is so much dissatisfaction amongst the fan base and for some he deserves the sack. A funny old game as Greavesy used to say 😊

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We say that but when came to us,I think Rotherham were sixth or so in the championship but quickly slid away once warne left.

So he may have more of an idea than we think about managing in the champ...

If I'm picking at it, they beat two sides at home who were relegated and Birmingham. Nice results but ones I'd expect to win. They did have a nice easy start. If he was 12/15 games in and they were top half, I'd give him credit and my argument is invalid.

23 minutes ago, Truckle said:

Over 100 pages now!  Absolutely phenomenal.  Latest update, we have now taken 38 points from 17 games at 2.23 points per game since we started the thread.  

Can we keep on being cross for the run in?  We've got this.

On the other hand, we have only picked up 3 wins this year (7 games) - 2 of those against sides in the relegation zone and the other is only 5 points clear. We also lost to 1 of the other sides in the relegation zone and a L2 side during that 7 game spell.

34 minutes ago, Truckle said:

Over 100 pages now!  Absolutely phenomenal.  Latest update, we have now taken 38 points from 17 games at 2.23 points per game since we started the thread.  

Can we keep on being cross for the run in?  We've got this.

Thread  was started after 18 points in 12 games.

So it looks like 1.5 ppg represents the "threshold of doom" for some folks.

All depends of course where you take your slice.....using 2024 games we have 10 points from 6 games, so just above the threshold of doom.

But people are extrapolating forwards and predicting further decline so boots are being stuck in early.

Will they turn out to be prescient?

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

On the other hand, we have only picked up 3 wins this year (7 games) - 2 of those against sides in the relegation zone and the other is only 5 points clear. We also lost to 1 of the other sides in the relegation zone and a L2 side during that 7 game spell.

Vey true. If only we'd started a Warne Out Out Out thread on Jan 1st.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

They were kept up by their new manager, not something Warne managed to do.

I’ve said this before, but I’ll do it again.  When Warne left them they were about 7th or 8th averaging around 1.5 points per game.  The new manager averaged around 1 point per game and they stayed up by the skin of their teeth.  Arguably, if it hadn’t been for the good start, they would have give down.  And of course, the manager has been sacked.

10 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’ve said this before, but I’ll do it again.  When Warne left them they were about 7th or 8th averaging around 1.5 points per game.  The new manager averaged around 1 point per game and they stayed up by the skin of their teeth.  Arguably, if it hadn’t been for the good start, they would have give down.  And of course, the manager has been sacked.

If you say so. But Warne's results might have tailed off and crashed like he did with us in the 'Top 6 race' last season. I did read some Rotherham fan comments about Warne only just scraping one (or two) of the promotions because their results faltered.

So all you can say is Warne didn't keep Rotherham in the Championship but his replacement did.

Edited by RoyMac5

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you say so. But Warne's results might have tailed off and crashed like he did with us in the 'Top 6 race' last season. I did read some Rotherham fan comments about Warne only just scraping one (or two) of the promotions because their results faltered.

So all you can say is Warne didn't keep Rotherham in the Championship but his replacement did.

And Rosenior failed to get us into the playoffs 😂

24 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And Rosenior failed to get us into the playoffs 😂

Bit hard when we'd given him the boot. Warne also failed to get us into the playoffs.

All this talk about Warne Vs Rosenior is absolutely daft. It's so absolutely irrelevant to what's going to happen to us going forward as a club. Liam does appear to be a bit like that one ex that people can't seem to get over.

Not that anyone cares, but i think Warne has done enough to at least carry on til the end of the season. Let's hope he can start getting a tune out of us again over the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But Warne made a significant contribution, which shouldn’t be ignored.

12 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Bit hard when we'd given him the boot. Warne also failed to get us into the playoffs.

All this talk about Warne Vs Rosenior is absolutely daft. It's so absolutely irrelevant to what's going to happen to us going forward as a club. Liam does appear to be a bit like that one ex that people can't seem to get over.

Not that anyone cares, but i think Warne has done enough to at least carry on til the end of the season. Let's hope he can start getting a tune out of us again over the next few weeks.

That was kinda my point 🙄

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

But Warne made a significant contribution, which shouldn’t be ignored.

Then Rosenior's contribution to our promotion attempts shouldn't be ignored either, as Warne still can sign a really good (at this level) player bar Nelson and is playing all Roseniors players. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So, Hull are outside the playoffs but are doing really well.

We are in the playoff positions just outside automatic place and we are crap, right I get it now.😂

But Hull weren’t favourites for promotion and he has taken them from a relegation battle to be play off contenders. Not doing bad young ‘Caretaker’ Liam 😉

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But Hull weren’t favourites for promotion and he has taken them from a relegation battle to be play off contenders. Not doing bad young ‘Caretaker’ Liam 😉

And they have rich owners 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then Rosenior's contribution to our promotion attempts shouldn't be ignored either, as Warne still can sign a really good (at this level) player bar Nelson and is playing all Roseniors players. 😄

That’s right. And Warne has those players doing better as we’re on the fringes of the Top 2.  And there’s more than Nelson.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

That’s right. And Warne has those players doing better as we’re on the fringes of the Top 2.  And there’s more than Nelson.

😄

The idea that Warne kept Rotherham in the Championship has to be the funniest thing I've read on here. Warne-ites are desperate to big him up. You would think his Derby record would do that, but no.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

😄

The idea that Warne kept Rotherham in the Championship has to be the funniest thing I've read on here. Warne-ites are desperate to big him up. You would think his Derby record would do that, but no.

Warne—ites.     

Derby- Ites