Cricket World Cup 2023

32 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

At what point are we out Andy? We seem to lose every game so are we effectively done and dusted?

I was taking the long view. We are reigning champions but it seems more and more like a blip.

We haven't imporoved the team since winning the last tournament and the captain is exponentially worse than the last one. The team is ageing and because the ECB isn't interested in 50-over cricket, we have to suffer this dreck.

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I was taking the long view. We are reigning champions but it seems more and more like a blip.

We haven't imporoved the team since winning the last tournament and the captain is exponentially worse than the last one. The team is ageing and because the ECB isn't interested in 50-over cricket, we have to suffer this dreck.

No I agree mate, I was just wondering whether we could afford to lose today and still have any chance of progressing. I haven't paid much attention to it tbh, so I don't get the format.

1 hour ago, Henrycav81 said:

ECB have got what they deserve in this tournament, they’ve neglected 50 over cricket internationally and domestically since the 2019 WC. 

We haven’t just lost 4 out of 5 we’ve been absolutely hammered in all 4 losses

Money over substance, Unfortunately it's the way of the world today, Rugby going down a route of another international tournament, Football has already hung it's colours to the mast, Cricket used to be April to September with a few going overseas to ply their trade, Now it's 365 days a year, The players and their families must be under some form strain, Jonathan Trott was a good example, I can't remember his name but wasn't there an England cricketer(number 3) who's Wife was playing away while he was touring with England...and flew home🤷‍♂️

The way the ECB have destroyed 50 over cricket in this country has been so efficient it is hard to believe it is not deliberate.

From Root’s comments it sounds like they are eyeing up T20 next. The sooner they realise no one else is interested in buying up their hundred rubbish the better. If the Blast goes then so do half the counties who rely on the income from it. 

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The absolute quality of England batsmen is not in doubt. Indian bowlers have plenty too! I think it’s down to Bairstow and Stokes. Lose these and we’ll fold 

……. Well that stood the test of time 

11 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The absolute quality of England batsmen is not in doubt. Indian bowlers have plenty too! I think it’s down to Bairstow and Stokes. Lose these and we’ll fold 

Well that stood the test of time Part ll