A minute's silence for Francis Lee please Mr. Clowes.

At Blackpool last night, I watched what in my opinion was our best performance this season. If it hadn't been for the three wrong refereeing decisions at Bolton, this team would be sitting with our club's record number of consecutive League away wins at the start of a season which still sits at four.

I had just one disappointment last night and that is that a minute's silence was not arranged for the passing of Francis Lee in view of his association with our club and England. In other cases it has been done at an away ground before. I hope that Derby do it before the next home game against Exeter. I feel pretty confident that this is probably already in hand within the club but Lest we forget.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

The away end at Blackpool was is not the place for this.

I think Franny was a true footballing great and that should have been noted across the game as a whole, transcending club allegiances.

I think we have a mutually supporting bond with Blackpool aswell, so I'm surprised they didn't do something.

52 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The away end at Blackpool was is not the place for this.

I think that's a bit unfair on the Blackpool fans Mucker, especially as they have never forgotten how the South Stand joined them in protesting against Owen Oyston. They were also very supportive of us when we last visited Bloomfield Road and won before we were relegated with the penalty points. I would agree with you if we'd been playing at Elland Road or Old Trafford last night but generally football fans are overwhelmingly decent and respectful in moments like this.

A minute's silence last night and then at Pride Park too would have have been quite normal protocol and has happened many times before.

1 minute ago, 8Leeds said:

Should it not be a minute’s applause?

Would it not be better to celebrate his legacy?

Either is fine by me. I am solemn about his passing but ever ecstatic and grateful for what he gave us.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think that's a bit unfair on the Blackpool fans Mucker, especially as they have never forgotten how the South Stand joined them in protesting against Owen Oyston. They were also very supportive of us when we last visited Bloomfield Road and won before we were relegated with the penalty points. I would agree with you if we'd been playing at Elland Road or Old Trafford last night but generally football fans are overwhelmingly decent and respectful in moments like this.

A minute's silence last night and then at Pride Park too would have have been quite normal protocol and has happened many times before.

My comment wasn't made with any regards as to how respectful (or not) the Blackpool fans would be.

I'm aware of our recent romance with them, and no sleight on their rep was intended... or even considered.

My comment was based on just a few thousand travelling Rams fans... as wonderful, dedicated, and deserving they may be... getting the opportunity to offer their goodbyes and thanks to the great man, as opposed to our own stadium, with nigh on 30,000 Rams fans to wave him off.

My comment being unfair to our travelling fans (last night) may be argued, (and I'll take that on the chin, if that be the case), but the Blackpool fans didn't even register in my thoughts, if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I think Franny was a true footballing great and that should have been noted across the game as a whole, transcending club allegiances.

As romantic and beautiful a thought that may be, I'd respectfully offer my disagreement.

And besides... start going down that route, and how many other clubs (fans) will soon feel disrespected, when one of their "greats" pass away?  Will we need to start marking the passing of every former player from every club?

I mean no disrespect, but I see Franny as a legend at Man City, DCFC, and at a push, Bolton too.  I'm sure there are football fans countrywide that have fond memories of Franny, but wouldn't see him as a true football legend.  (I'm thinking Best, Finney, Matthews etc).

Only my opinion, and regardless as how that's perceived by others, there was never any intention to be disrespectful, be that to fans of other clubs, our club, or of course, Francis Lee CBE.

🐏

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

As romantic and beautiful a thought that may be, I'd respectfully offer my disagreement.

And besides... start going down that route, and how many other clubs (fans) will soon feel disrespected, when one of their "greats" pass away?  Will we need to start marking the passing of every former player from every club?

I mean no disrespect, but I see Franny as a legend at Man City, DCFC, and at a push, Bolton too.  I'm sure there are football fans countrywide that have fond memories of Franny, but wouldn't see him as a true football legend.  (I'm thinking Best, Finney, Matthews etc).

Only my opinion, and regardless as how that's perceived by others, there was never any intention to be disrespectful, be that to fans of other clubs, our club, or of course, Francis Lee CBE.

🐏

Played 27 times for England at a time when they didn't fling caps around to any old Tom, Dick and Jordan Henderson.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I think we have a mutually supporting bond with Blackpool aswell, so I'm surprised they didn't do something.

I thought that too,until our fans started singing Blackpool's a s***-hole at them last night.

I have to admit, it was the younger element who probably don't even recall the Oyston years.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Played 27 times for England at a time when they didn't fling caps around to any old Tom, Dick and Jordan Henderson.

Franny deserved his IE but I have to differ from you there with rest of it. I just cannot fathom for the life of me why Kevin Hector made just two substitute appearances for England and Charlie George played just once before Don Revie dragged him off but Mick Channon got 49 caps. If Channon had played for Derby during that time, he'd have spent most of his time on the bench watching the pair of them and might have been a better player for the experience of seeing how it should be done. He wasn't alone for being so lucky in his international  career in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Franny deserved his IE but I have to differ from you there with rest of it. I just cannot fathom for the life of me why Kevin Hector made just two substitute appearances for England and Charlie George played just once before Don Revie dragged him off but Mick Channon got 49 caps. If Channon had played for Derby during that time, he'd have spent most of his time on the bench watching the pair of them and might have been a better player for the experience of seeing how it should be done. He wasn't alone for being so lucky in his international  career in my opinion.

Certainly agree about Hector and George.

In my opinion, Toddy was also hard done by.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Certainly agree about Hector and George.

In my opinion, Toddy was also hard done by.

Cloughie was too openly critical of both Ramsey and Revie which didn't help matters when it came to choosing players from Derby in my opinion. Cloughie had left Derby by the time Revie took control but I still think the bitterness between them continued to affect the selection of players connected with Clough. As for Charlie, he was finished when he told Revie to duck off when he substituted him, which Charlie admitted in his autobiography 😂.

17 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

Should it not be a minute’s applause?

Would it not be better to celebrate his legacy?

I agree , there are people or events far more suited to a minutes silence and others more to a minute’s applause, franny falls in the later for me