Ryder Cup 2023

Anag Ram

10 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Funny how European we become when it comes to golf ๐Ÿ˜Š

Plenty of Europeans about old chap ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Funny how utterly boring golf is apart from now.

Plenty of good golf to watch. The Masters comes close for drama and of course, The Open is always a great watch.

Back on thread, best day of Ryder Cup golf I've ever seen. Off the chart. Rahm 8 birdies and 2 eagles yet only halves! Bonkers.

Crowds already getting chirpy, Americans on the back foot, brilliant day's golf!ย 

48 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Plenty of Europeans about old chap ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

Plenty of good golf to watch. The Masters comes close for drama and of course, The Open is always a great watch.

Back on thread, best day of Ryder Cup golf I've ever seen. Off the chart. Rahm 8 birdies and 2 eagles yet only halves! Bonkers.

Crowds already getting chirpy, Americans on the back foot, brilliant day's golf!ย 

Just doesn't interest me. But I've always been pulled in to the Ryder Cup. Horribly, cocky Americans getting handed their backsides - great day's viewing.

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Just doesn't interest me. But I've always been pulled in to the Ryder Cup. Horribly, cocky Americans getting handed their backsides - great day's viewing.

I donโ€™t really like watching golf but the Ryder Cup is different. I actually went to the Belfry (about 3 miles from my house) for the final day of the Ryder Cup many years ago. A fantastic atmosphere (especially when Europe win of course).

22 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Just a thought, but I wouldn't put anyone off checking out the ladies equivalent, the Solheim Cup highlights. No spoilers but this year was a belting match up as well as a pretty dramatic one. Same format as the chaps and some wonderful players on show.

Yea, great entertainment.

I think the commentators have it bang on. Not one of the Americans played in the last month before the tourny and not one rocked up to the Italian Open to get a look at the course. This is what happens when you rock up undercooked thinking all you need to do to win is tee off. Getting a proper roasting now, mind!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Edited by Comrade 86
typo

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think the commentators have it bang on. Not one of the Americans played in the last month before the tourny and not one rocked up to the Italian Open to get a look at the course. This is what happens when you rock up undercooked thinking all you need to do to win is tee off. Getting a proper roasting now, mind!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Just pure arrogance that not a single one of them has played the course in the 3(?) years since they knew where it was going to be.ย