Our best eleven - when all fit

IslandExile

I don’t think even Warne knows our best X1 yet. However what we do have now is plenty of options and permutations to try. Clearly last season burnout was an issue and we seemed to concede late in games which told in the end; that detracted from the esprit de corps that a small squad brings. Whilst I haven’t been impressed with the quality of our recruitment, the fact we have Barks and Sibley back is a major boost. When Bird 🦅 gets back we will start to be very competitive I think. So, if we stay close to the top 10, I can foresee us getting into top gear as the final quarter of the season gets going. Patience and staying with the squad in terms of support will be a very key factor. We need to go up this season playing a brand of football that will enable us to continue momentum in the Championship and that is an area where for me Warne has an Achilles heel. Kick and rush will not be a style to hang the Derby County hat on. 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I don’t think even Warne knows our best X1 yet. However what we do have now is plenty of options and permutations to try. Clearly last season burnout was an issue and we seemed to concede late in games which told in the end; that detracted from the esprit de corps that a small squad brings. Whilst I haven’t been impressed with the quality of our recruitment, the fact we have Barks and Sibley back is a major boost. When Bird 🦅 gets back we will start to be very competitive I think. So, if we stay close to the top 10, I can foresee us getting into top gear as the final quarter of the season gets going. Patience and staying with the squad in terms of support will be a very key factor. We need to go up this season playing a brand of football that will enable us to continue momentum in the Championship and that is an area where for me Warne has an Achilles heel. Kick and rush will not be a style to hang the Derby County hat on. 

Good post, Ellafella. 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I agree with all but the recruitment line. What could we have done any better with limited/no funds and the restrictions placed on us?

Not sure any of the wanted but never came names would want to join us at the moment.

15 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I agree with all but the recruitment line. What could we have done any better with limited/no funds and the restrictions placed on us?

Not sure any of the wanted but never came names would want to join us at the moment.

Where do you get that financial information from?

It was confirmed at the last Fans Forum that the EFL agreed business plan isn't causing us any restrictions. David Clowes said we have a good budget, good enough to get us out of this league. What is your statement based on?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where do you get that financial information from?

It was confirmed at the last Fans Forum that the EFL agreed business plan isn't causing us any restrictions. David Clowes said we have a good budget, good enough to get us out of this league. What is your statement based on?

I must have missed that then. I was on the misunderstanding that we were still under restrictions when it comes to spending.

However having a good budget and being able to spend it is another thing.

If so, then why have we actually not spent a great deal and got in the players everyone has been banging on about? 

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

I must have missed that then. I was on the misunderstanding that we were still under restrictions when it comes to spending.

If so, then why have we actually not spent a great deal and got in the players everyone has been banging on about? 

It was also said (paraphrase) that we can pay transfer fees, but Warne has chosen to spend the budget on wages.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He has just come back from a very long injury break. Bit premature for him to become the new Dobster 🤣

He is not that bad - just doesnt seem to add anything we don't have in smith or bird. I thought he was supposed to be creative & more mobile. 

46 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The nature of our restrictions are that we have had to submit a business plan which would be acceptable to the EFL. Obviously, the EFL wouldn't have accepted a business involving spending excessive money on wages and transfers. I think that some budgets although falling inside the FFP limits, wouldn't have been acceptable to the EFL in our circumstances.

17 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The nature of our restrictions are that we have had to submit a business plan which would be acceptable to the EFL. Obviously, the EFL wouldn't have accepted a business involving spending excessive money on wages and transfers. I think that some budgets although falling inside the FFP limits, wouldn't have been acceptable to the EFL in our circumstances.

And yet David Clowes said our budget was good enough to get us up, how much more were you expecting?