The "Sensible" South

Day

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's London. We don't identify with it any more than you do.

It's 80 miles from where I live. Oxford is 65 and that's the Midlands according to the road signs on the M27.

Plus it's full of dreadful spivs who'd sell your grandma if you left her unattended.

I hope you haven't become Southist based on your experience in Lahndan.....

It's the South, can't argue with Wiki.

IMG_2651.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh come on......

Try telling a citizen of Norwich that they live in the south.....🤣

East Anglia isn't it.

Either way, you're in denial, the North is longer than 80 miles....and a lot nicer!

1 minute ago, David said:

East Anglia isn't it.

Either way, you're in denial, the North is longer than 80 miles....and a lot nicer!

I'm not denying anything.

The North may be longer, but the south is wider and more heterogenous. You can't stick a lazy label on all of the South based on traveling to one microcosm that has nothing in common with 99% of people who live down here.

Come down and do some Morris dancing followed by hazy pie....

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm not denying anything.

The North may be longer, but the south is wider and more heterogenous. You can't stick a lazy label on all of the South based on traveling to one microcosm that has nothing in common with 99% of people who live down here.

Come down and do some Morris dancing followed by hazy pie....

I like Devon if that counts?

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well clearly it does according to Wiki.

Love one, love all.....

We're feeling the David love in Hampshire....🤣

Ha, Bournemouth was alright but a fleeting visit, so maybe the South coast is alright shall we say, but the South in general can get in the bin 

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh come on......

Try telling a citizen of Norwich that they live in the south.....🤣

And what's with the green spike In the top centre of the Midlands? Oh, and the downward pointing little blue bit, roughly where Grimsby is. It's almost as though someone has taken a marker pen to it!

I'd think an awful lot of East Anglians wouldn't think they lived in the South. Cambs and Essex,maybe.

As for South-West, there's a rural sub-culture there that makes them very distinct from the rest of the South.

It's easier to spot a southerner from their (incorrect) sense of superiority over the rest of us. It's a bit like the sense of entitlement some Derby fans have! 

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd think an awful lot of East Anglians wouldn't think they lived in the South. Cambs and Essex,maybe.

As for South-West, there's a rural sub-culture there that makes them very distinct from the rest of the South.

It's easier to spot a southerner from their (incorrect) sense of superiority over the rest of us. It's a bit like the sense of entitlement some Derby fans have! 

On the contrary, here at Mogg Towers I think you’ll find we’re very tolerant of northerners 😊

I decamped from Derby for work reasons back in 1983 and after a couple of years living in an attic in Harley Street London, I moved to Upton Park and then where I am now, leafy Woodford Green. All this talk of Southerners and Northerners etc made me me think. Of all my mates and neighbours down here, there are very few actually born in London. They come from all over the UK, with a few from overseas.  None of them think of themselves as Southerners apart from one or two who were born dahn sarf. 

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

I decamped from Derby for work reasons back in 1983 and after a couple of years living in an attic in Harley Street London, I moved to Upton Park and then where I am now, leafy Woodford Green. All this talk of Southerners and Northerners etc made me me think. Of all my mates and neighbours down here, there are very few actually born in London. They come from all over the UK, with a few from overseas.  None of them think of themselves as Southerners apart from one or two who were born dahn sarf. 

My Son has lived in Willesden Green, Wimbledon and Enfield Wash now back in Derby, We'd visit 3/4 times a year, Prices in those areas for a beer weren't to far from what we pay here in Derby, Centre of London is where I found the prices to move further north 😁, When doing one of the parks in central London for an ice-cream I was charged the tourist rate...until I told her I wasn't a tourist, She understood when with my northern accent we use the U and not the A in an Anglo Saxon word 😉

London's a good day out but wouldn't want to live there 🤷‍♂️