The "Sensible" South

Day

21 minutes ago, David said:

And this is a Wetherspoons!!!

You lot down there are getting robbed on the daily, you do realise that they are the same pints sold up North for a fraction of the price right?

Oh, that's right, the weather is one or two degrees warmer, makes it all worth it.

Get me back up North!

IMG_2553.jpeg

have you took your knotted hankie off your head yet?

48 minutes ago, David said:

that's right, the weather is one or two degrees warmer, makes it all worth it.

You're right. The temperature difference is not really noticeable.

What is very different though is how many hours of sunshine we get down here. Makes a real difference to mood, especially in Winter. 

It's probably the one thing that stops me wanting to move back.

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

You're right. The temperature difference is not really noticeable.

What is very different though is how many hours of sunshine we get down here. Makes a real difference to mood, especially in Winter. 

It's probably the one thing that stops me wanting to move back.

You’re banned anyway, watch him deny it.

1 hour ago, David said:

You lot down there are getting robbed on the daily, you do realise that they are the same pints sold up North for a fraction of the price right?

Oh, that's right, the weather is one or two degrees warmer, makes it all worth it.

Get me back up North!

IMG_2553.jpeg

You’ve been mugged.

IMG_0169.png

1 hour ago, David said:

Get me back up North!

IMG_2553.jpeg

We don’t have to put aside money to feed whippets and pigeons, or go down pit. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Get me back up North!

IMG_2553.jpeg

Where was that? That seems expensive for a normal pub, let alone a Spoons! Was it in O2 as you said you were at boxing?

Glad I'm not staying longer to find out.

I've always taken the piss out of Southerner's, Londoners especially but I'm coming away with a new found respect for those that can live in this chaotic city.

Would rather live in St Ann's in Nottingham and I'm not even joking.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right in my ends… I’ve definitely paid sub £5 a pint in there. Granted I haven’t been in a few months, prices must have skyrocketed

Just cross checked prices, £5.29 for a Carling, not that I drink it, but that's the lowest of the low. Back home it's £2.58

Sat in Tattersalls Tavern in Knightsbridge, £6.65 for a Madri, £4.70 in my local. Insane.

33 minutes ago, David said:

Glad I'm not staying longer to find out.

I've always taken the piss out of Southerner's, Londoners especially but I'm coming away with a new found respect for those that can live in this chaotic city.

Would rather live in St Ann's in Nottingham and I'm not even joking.

I lived there for about 6 years and didn't find it too chaotic. Most people won't live in the places you've visited, but spread out down the tubelines and rail network.

Whilst parts of Central London can obviously get very busy, many of the places where people live are often like small city/town centres in their own right. Some of them nice but expensive, some of them not as nice and almost as expensive! 

If you can find a place with an easy commute, your life could even be fairly chilled. I just can't work out how all the people on modest/low incomes survive there. I moved there in 2000 and on an average salary for London, could go out 3 or 4 times a week and not really have to budget for food much.