Toxic

On the Ram Page

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do you say that? After admin bar the money for the two Poles we start at zero debt.

We'll be run completely differently even after all the restrictions are lifted. Gone are the big transfer fees, DC won't want to make the same mistakes Mel made, we'll be run as a shrewd business, frees loans and small fees for the foreseeable.

5 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I get the sentiment, but for how long do we have to temper expectations with 'well at least we have a club'? Genuine question.

Were down to one or two saleable assets right now, players left for peanuts and our academy was completely stripped. It's going to take a few years to build the academy and also be in the market for players with a sell on value. Personally I'd be patient for another 2/3 seasons.

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

We'll be run completely differently even after all the restrictions are lifted. Gone are the big transfer fees, DC won't want to make the same mistakes Mel made, we'll be run as a shrewd business, frees loans and small fees for the foreseeable.

In your opinion. This is the owner who showed no qualms about 'ditching' Rosenior and heat-hunting Warne.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In your opinion. This is the owner who showed no qualms about 'ditching' Rosenior and heat-hunting Warne.

Isn’t that an example of finding a permanent manager to replace an “interim manager” who was offered a role within the management team (if memory serves, but neither he nor PW were keen for that part). Not sure that’s comparable to how MM did business but I might be missing your point(?)

1 minute ago, jameso said:

Isn’t that an example of finding a permanent manager to replace an “interim manager” who was offered a role within the management team (if memory serves, but neither he nor PW were keen for that part). Not sure that’s comparable to how MM did business but I might be missing your point(?)

It's showing that he will do what is necessary to make sure his investment isn't at risk. No sentimentality.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

I miss the togetherness and that unbelievable energy around the place when we nearly went bust. We should feel lucky we still have a club and get behind the lads and whichever manager is in charge at the time. Going to be a good few years before we're settled financially, enjoy the fact we still have games to watch, mistakes will happen as will losses but one day we'll be back enjoy the ride Saturday's could've been a lot different if it wasn't for DC!

I think the messaging pre-season about us not being under transfer restrictions or whatever (generally not from anyone in particular) overly raised expectations regarding this window when we are still operating under an agreed budget and trying to be sustainable going forward.  The reality check therefore seems painful

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think the messaging pre-season about us not being under transfer restrictions or whatever (generally not from anyone in particular) overly raised expectations regarding this window when we are still operating under an agreed budget and trying to be sustainable going forward.  The reality check therefore seems painful

add the Jozwiak ruling and we simply further away from promotion than we all thought.  

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

The most shrewd approach is to absolutely nail your recruitment strategy, from the academy right the way up. It takes money and investment, but if you have a system that you’re absolutely sure is bulletproof then you won’t go far wrong. The second part is coaching, again, right the way through. 

What we’re doing now is fine while we’re under restrictions and in League One, but if the long-term plan is short-term contracts and recycling through free agents every year then I struggle to get behind the vision. I understand the strategy is viable, because you’re actively monitoring your budget, not really tying yourself down in bad financial contracts, i.e. Anya, etc. I get with promotion you’re able to go for a higher class of player and bigger wages with the larger revenue. It’s a safer approach. It’s not to say it can’t work, either, but it’s not the way I envisage the club becoming successful long-term.

1 minute ago, sage said:

add the Jozwiak ruling and we simply further away from promotion than we all thought.  

Yes indeed. I also think we forget/dont know how everything around the club had been run down over recent seasons and the required reinvestment in everything all has to come from the budget. Also wasnt it the brilliant Quantuma that signed us up with Fanatics for merch prob meaning the club gets less than if we just ran the megastore ourselves

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes indeed. I also think we forget/dont know how everything around the club had been run down over recent seasons and the required reinvestment in everything all has to come from the budget. Also wasnt it the brilliant Quantuma that signed us up with Fanatics for merch prob meaning the club gets less than if we just ran the megastore ourselves

The Fanatics deal was announced in July 2021 so pre-admin.  And it’s a 10 year deal.  Thanks Mel!!

37 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

The Fanatics deal was announced in July 2021 so pre-admin.  And it’s a 10 year deal.  Thanks Mel!!

Lovely.  Almost as bad as the merch deal Brian Epstein got for The Beatles.  We don't think per chance the merch was separated from the club just before admin so it wasn't part of the shitfest to come..  who's getting the dollars ?.  Mels just bought a new place on the coast.  Fanatics Tower I've heard. Strange name.😂

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Were down to one or two saleable assets right now, players left for peanuts and our academy was completely stripped. It's going to take a few years to build the academy and also be in the market for players with a sell on value. Personally I'd be patient for another 2/3 seasons.

Which then begs the question, after a good pre-season, why wasn't Dajaune Brown on the bench against Wigan?

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Which then begs the question, after a good pre-season, why wasn't Dajaune Brown on the bench against Wigan?

Because he was playing for the U18 at Moor Farm against West Ham. They won 4-1 and that was the score after 25 minutes. He was unplayable and scored one of the goals. The downside is there were scouts from Premier League clubs watching but they're usually around. He has now signed a professional contract and is considered part of the first team squad for now. They'll be careful with him because he needs to be handled correctly. But there is a real chance that he could make a significant contribution to our League season if things go well for him.