Is Warne living on borrowed time?

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

In the context of who we were playing and given this was our first 11, it's definitely up there in the past decade. I'm struggling to remember a first half where we were so timid, so off the pace and clearly in desperate need of change apart from the covid season. It was more than a bit sh** it was an error-strewn sh** show with no grit, determination, or game plan where a third division opponent not only looked comfortable but bossed the game. 

You don't have to agree with me on why it was bad but i do question your ability to read the game if you think that was anything other than absolutely terrible. 

Sunderland at home under Rowett, Reading at home 0-3 are immediate candidates in any discussion. It was error strewn, and a bit slow with moving the ball but we actually created a number of chances, Bradley with the first half corner being the pick of them to get level. I personally think the second half was worse, actually. I thought we matched them better first than second. And even then if Washington scores his sitter at the end we steal a point. 

I mean up to you.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You can criticise me for supporting the manager if you like, I'd take that against your approach of slagging absolutely every element of the club off relentlessly for the last 5 years mind. 

The club that was run so badly it almost went out of business?

Yeah, you’re right, I should’ve been more supportive of Mel.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warner’s record against the division’s better sides last season was woeful. There were major warning signs there. And we have kicked off this season with another set of poor home performances.

This isn’t out of the blue. Something just isn’t right. I struggle to see how we finish top six playing like this.

I’m sure DC didn’t plan to spend a few seasons down here rebuilding. 

If the general consensus is this is a top six squad. Then Warne has underachieved since the day he walked through the door. 

The general consensus ≠ the actual ability of the squad. I thought it was top 6 to begin the season, but I also rated Bradley and Nelson more highly than I should have done, and in light of that now think that is a big factor. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I said the same as you - I can’t remember a worse performance, personally, for a long time. 

Scunthorpe at home in 2010 was the only one that came to my mind. 

Sunderland at home under Rowett. They were like 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table, and were IIRC 4-0 up at half time.   The last 2 home games have been every bit as bad as that.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

The club that was run so badly it almost went out of business?

Yeah, you’re right, I should’ve been more supportive of Mel.

More of a comment on the disappearing act in the good spells of form followed by the resurgence in the bad spells of form.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I said the same as you - I can’t remember a worse performance, personally, for a long time. 

Scunthorpe at home in 2010 was the only one that came to my mind. 

Oh god, didn't we lose that 1-4 and ended with Savage going on radio derby for a 20 minute interview which went wildly out of control? 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Sunderland at home under Rowett. They were like 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table, and were IIRC 4-0 up at half time.   The last 2 home games have been every bit as bad as that.

Good shout - I couldn’t make that game as I was out for a family meal which is probably why it skipped my mind. Do remember sitting there in complete bewilderment as the goals came through on my phone though.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sunderland at home under Rowett, Reading at home 0-3 are immediate candidates in any discussion. It was error strewn, and a bit slow with moving the ball but we actually created a number of chances, Bradley with the first half corner being the pick of them to get level. I personally think the second half was worse, actually. I thought we matched them better first than second. And even then if Washington scores his sitter at the end we steal a point. 

I mean up to you.

We created chances??? how many shots on target did we have? Did we actually create anything from open play...  My big concern is that we looked devoid of anything resembling dangerous play. There was no movement, no connection between midfield and attack and no patterns of play to open them up. Oxford looked so comfortable at the back except for the last 5 minutes when we threw the kitchen sink at them which still consisted of nothing more than lumping crosses in the box.

Edited by Leeds Ram

Just now, Andicis said:

More of a comment on the disappearing act in the good spells of form followed by the resurgence in the bad spells of form.

I’ve never once disappeared off this forum, so that’s complete b*******. 

I post less often these days outside of match days as I’m busy with work. Nothing to do with football.

36 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What do you want? We had a s*** March? We were 7th going into April and almost limped over, and it didn't happen. People talking about an assault on the autos were in dreamland to begin with, we were never close. 

I don’t disagree about autos but that capitulation was worse than any ‘February’ under Mac, Clement etc. 

Just now, Andicis said:

First half was a couple. The chances created were from set pieces. Don't they count? 

I mean your whole game plan can’t just be hope for the best from set pieces, can it? They should be an accompaniment, not the main course. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t disagree about autos but that capitulation was worse than any ‘February’ under Mac, Clement etc. 

The February collapse under Mac was a side with much better players, in a better league position that also finished 7th (higher league sure). That's a bigger collapse by objective measures. 

Just now, Srg said:

I mean your whole game plan can’t just be hope for the best from set pieces, can it? They should be an accompaniment, not the main course. 

I agree. But it's a small silver lining as being able to nick a goal from set pieces is something we've not done well for years. I'm not suggesting our open play was good.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Good shout - I couldn’t make that game as I was out for a family meal which is probably why it skipped my mind. Do remember sitting there in complete bewilderment as the goals came through on my phone though.

Burton 3-0 loss very close to this loss wasn’t it? And yet I still felt less despair then 😂