Michael Smith

DCFC1388

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

I know you share reliable stuff mate was a genuine question if this guy was actually real or a bot that shares stuff 

“Reliable stuff” might be a stretch 🤣 😉 

He is a journalist for a national red top, so similar to Nixon will probably have some contacts in the game (agents and club press officers etc), how consistent and accurate his stories are I don’t know.
Always take with a pinch of salt I guess, but I think it’s interesting there’s a bit of noise about this Smith rumour and the Blackett-Taylor thing from a couple of sources. 🤞 something happens this week. 

29 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Reliable stuff” might be a stretch 🤣 😉 

He is a journalist for a national red top, so similar to Nixon will probably have some contacts in the game (agents and club press officers etc), how consistent and accurate his stories are I don’t know.
Always take with a pinch of salt I guess, but I think it’s interesting there’s a bit of noise about this Smith rumour and the Blackett-Taylor thing from a couple of sources. 🤞 something happens this week. 

Big week I reckon … or i hope 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I know you share reliable stuff mate was a genuine question if this guy was actually real or a bot that shares stuff 

Darren Witcoop is most certainly a real person. He’s doesn’t get much right, but he’s definitely real.

1 minute ago, RamFan13 said:

He got 18 goals 7 assists last season in league 1, he scores goals. Isn’t that what we need???

To add on if we have Waghorn coming back that’s Collins, Waghorn and Smith. Three very good league 1 strikers.

Edited by RamFan13

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wish we could sign a striker who wasn’t a big lump it to kind.

Been linked to a few but this is who we may end up with 😞

I guess, but it would be pointless us signing a different kind of striker (especially on loan) when the team isn't set up to make use of them.

If the aim is just to get out of this league at all costs I can't really think of any better option.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

26 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

He got 18 goals 7 assists last season in league 1, he’ll scores goals. Isn’t that what we need???

Well, yes, but I don’t think you really need him and Collins. 

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What do you propose we do if Collins gets injured or when he gets suspended?

Get another option with different attributes. Someone more athletic, with a better touch. Then you have choices to make depending on the game. Paying money on a loan for someone expecting to play like Smith, just seems odd unless you’re dropping Collins. 

1 hour ago, RamFan13 said:

He got 18 goals 7 assists last season in league 1, he’ll scores goals. Isn’t that what we need???

Except they are the same kind of goals that Collins is already scoring.

Just now, rammieib said:

Except they are the same kind of goals that Collins is already scoring.

We just played 90 minutes football today - I can’t remember us once having a player make a run in behind and us trying to play that pass to that player (successful or not). It makes it easier for opposition defences if they know a striker isn’t running in behind us.

Think this a good signing if it happens, today we had no plan b really. Going more direct and smith winning headers a decent option. We’re not going to play through midfield are we, at least this is someone to aim crosses at.

didn’t have many options today, Thompson came on for barks but John Jules had to go wide. Need another striker