Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

HT:  0-1

Spain end the half looking the better side overall, but there is no way England are beaten yet.  
We are making chances at least.

And don't know anywhere near enough about these ladies to suggest we will/can overturn this, but hey, I guess they didn't get to where they are today by giving up and failing to achieve their target!

#stillinit, couldwinit

Spain were the better team in the first half and a 1-0 lead at HT certainly doesn't flatter them. A big team-talk needed at HT and a (much) better performance needed otherwise I can't see anything other than a Spain win. Spain looked far more likely to add a second than we did of equalizing. 

I don't have any issue with Bronze for the goal. Sometimes you have to be positive and step out with the ball to create space, especially when Spain's press has been so effective. Bronze is pretty high up the pitch when she loses possession, there's plenty of time for England to recover, but they don't react and reorganize quickly enough. A midfielder should've dropped into the vacated position and Russo should've been aware of the potential overlap.