Wimbledon

Wolfie

Surpised not to see a thread already but I'm enjoying it this year. I think because we don't have any high expectations of our players.

Having said that I've enjoyed watching Norrie and even Dan Evans. Norrie playing again today. I haven't seen much of the women's yet.

Andy Murray looks like he needs another new hip, the way he stiffly walks around between points. He looks totally knackered the whole time.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Surpised not to see a thread already but I'm enjoying it this year. I think because we don't have any high expectations of our players.

Having said that I've enjoyed watching Norrie and even Dan Evans. Norrie playing again today. I haven't seen much of the women's yet.

Andy Murray looks like he needs another new hip, the way he stiffly walks around between points. He looks totally knackered the whole time.

Muzza is doing ok and I enjoyed the youngster beating the seed on Centre Court. I am enjoying channel hopping between the 🏏 and 🎾 😊

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Can’t believe you’ve not mentioned Liam Broady. Stockports finest. My home town so yes a little extra support. 
Cricket before the tennis though 

Murray should call it a day re Wimbledon. He’s earnt plenty. Not many left I I feel a great affinity for though Jokovic is absolutely immense. New found respect for I think best there’s ever been. Do wish he wouldn’t bounce the ball 23 (approximation) times every serve though 

Loved that final. Always expected Novak to come back - even at match point against him. 
Such amazing tennis played and thoroughly worthy winner. 

I would add that if Murray thinks he can get back to the top, he needs to watch that final again. And then stop thinking that. 

Djok has been a great champ, but men's tennis had got very stale and Alcaraz looks to be the perfect tonic. He looks simply next level. If he stays healthy, he'll surely be the next outstanding player of his generation. Poor old Djok looked utterly bemused at times, but he lost little in defeat. 

Don't get the Murray hate. Bit pointless IMO.