Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

7 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

For those keen to hang on and take end of contract compo beware of the Bundesliga bargain hunters.

Knight is well suited for German football and a chance to pick him up on a FIFA compensation fee will not go unnoticed. 

That can't be right.  I've been reading all week we can do better in League 1 than him.  His catchment area must be Accrington to Ingoldmills surely

Derby prepared to sell Knight for ABC

Buying clubs offer XYZ

Derby don't need to sell, Clubs who are interested either put up or shut up, If they believe Knight will help their cause in the Championship then X amount of a few 100k aint worth the hassle.

Then there's how much Knight will want to sign a 3 year contract...I'd hazard a guess at 20/25k a week over 3 years that's circa £1.3m over 3 years £4m, If Knight pulls up a shed load of trees for his new club there'll be suiters for his signature and at a guess a healthy profit for his new club if they choose to sell before his contract runs out and I would hope a sell on fee for DCFC.

I agree with Screamer PW should stay schtum until the deal is done.

I don’t think Tommos too dissimilar from Knight. He adds energy to the middle of the pitch. I just think he needs more man’s football to settle down a bit. So we have an in house replacement. Yes we could improve on that but but it’s not quite the loss I think most people think it is 

4 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Derby prepared to sell Knight for ABC

Buying clubs offer XYZ

Derby don't need to sell, Clubs who are interested either put up or shut up, If they believe Knight will help their cause in the Championship then X amount of a few 100k aint worth the hassle.

Then there's how much Knight will want to sign a 3 year contract...I'd hazard a guess at 20/25k a week over 3 years that's circa £1.3m over 3 years £4m, If Knight pulls up a shed load of trees for his new club there'll be suiters for his signature and at a guess a healthy profit for his new club if they choose to sell before his contract runs out and I would hope a sell on fee for DCFC.

I agree with Screamer PW should stay schtum until the deal is done.

Thing is warne will have a significantly better idea of demand for knight, monies being offered and indeed the clubs (not his but DCs/SPs) valuation of the player

everything else here and on the net is pure speculation

if the offers are about right and not far off DCs and SPs value of knight and he goes for 1.5m thats f*** all to do with warne talking it will be the valuation placed on him by the people that run the club 

but im sure people will use it as another yard Stick to smash warne over the head with

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Or it’s a case of making clubs aware there is firm interest from multiple parties so if you want him put your money where your mouth is…

Keeping a player here potentially against his will and denying the club a return on the investment made in him may not prove to be “better off”. What if we don’t get promoted? What if the compensation via tribunal is less than £2m? What if he gets injured?
If clubs want him and will pay for him, and that helps strengthen the squad and club overall then sell. It’s a business decision and doesn’t need to be yet another pop at Warne.

yes. he needs to go. He’ll play better in the championship, he’ll get better experience, it’ll further his international career. And he doesn't really fit Warne’s style so a departure is mutually beneficial. His work ethic is as good as any we’ve seen at PP 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

but im sure people will use it as another yard Stick to smash warne over the head with

Posters can smash PW over his head as much as they want nowt to get fussed over...it's just opinion, The way I'd say it...there's interest from clubs and we're talking to those clubs...end of interview👍

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

What even is that negotiation technique? 😂

Or it could be that bids are at or around the figure derby feel they can get for him and we are trying to squeeze just a little bit more rather than say bids are nowhere near our valuation and said bidders think ok no chance and turn to other targets 🤷‍♂️

Whilst we might covered by a tribunal fee if we held onto Knight until his contract expires next Summer, this only applies if he was to move to another English club... if we lost him to a Rangers/Celtic or a mid-ranking Bundesliga club, a la ratboy Buchanan, we'd only be covered by a fifa compensation fee (approx £300k in ratboy's case). I'm not sure how the compensation would work though as surely we'd be due more for Knight, given his experience and international caps.

15 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

agree with Screamer PW should stay schtum until the deal is done.

hmmm I’d have thought it was a carefully scripted message aimed at getting a deal over the line. Telling the world the bids are insufficient but not far off seems a blatant effort to wring a little more out of one of the bidders; to allow him to reinvest asap

You’re suggesting PW might be prejudicing a deal by wading in. Well that’s more than problematic if the result is an unhappy JK is playing for him next season. 

I think we should give PW the benefit of the doubt on that one 

53 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm sure it would be better than yours with my background.  Sarcasms not really your strong suit but we can do that dance if you want.

I’m not the one telling him how to do his job, would you be happy if he told you how to do yours .

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

hmmm I’d have thought it was a carefully scripted message aimed at getting a deal over the line. Telling the world the bids are insufficient but not far off seems a blatant effort to wring a little more out of one of the bidders; to allow him to reinvest asap

You’re suggesting PW might be prejudicing a deal by wading in. Well that’s more than problematic if the result is an unhappy JK is playing for him next season. 

That’s my thinking. The club has press officers (or staff in a similar role) who brief the staff and the media on what can and can’t be discussed. If I remember rightly, during Warne’s pre season interview he checked with someone off camera what he could and couldn’t say about signings. 
I know lots don’t like Warne’s manner/demeanour/personality or whatever, I just don’t see these comments today as being as flippant or risky as some are suggesting. The questions will probably have been pre-planned and what Warne could say vetted by the press team to a point. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

What is this level headed nonsense u speak lol

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’m suggesting PW should say nowt, We’ve been doing our business close to our chest, Coming out with your suggestion of he could be stoking up more interest will may I suggest make teams think we’re putting a gun to their heads, Those doing the buying aren’t people who are new to this game.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

I’m not the one telling him how to do his job, would you be happy if he told you how to do yours .

It's not his job.  By his own admission. It's the financial teams. Let's hope they don't dock the money they're likely to lose from his wages.  Might take a while.

28 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don’t think Tommos too dissimilar from Knight. He adds energy to the middle of the pitch. I just think he needs more man’s football to settle down a bit. So we have an in house replacement. Yes we could improve on that but but it’s not quite the loss I think most people think it is 

when he first burst onto the first team scene, Tommo looked to have Knight’s potential. But his form since then has been so erratic - in some games completely unable to string passes together and seriously lightweight in a challenge  - that the two are sadly simply miles apart. Hope that will change, there is time. Playing out of defence badly has I think wrecked his confidence