Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said there are a number of clubs interested in Jason Knight and he doesn’t foresee Knight being part of the squad at the start of the season. Looks like he will be off then. Interview on radio Derby at 6pm

Yeah but he was smiling in training so must be staying

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i hope we don't take 2 million.  Better off waiting for the compo next summer or chancing we go up.  Openly admitting to the media he's not going to be here doesn't seem the cleverest idea, it won't inspire higher bids. 

I think we’ll do well to get 2m

hes a good young player who carrys the ball v well and has a fantastic engine

he needs to add goals and assists to his game which im

sure he could do… but theres a lot to add to his game ontop of that promise.

is this his last year of contract?, if it is balls not really in our court so to speak 

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yeah but he was smiling in training so must be staying

Not sure if that’s a dig at me or others. My own comment on the training thread the other day was just an observation that he was back and training with the group after his break. I’ve maintained throughout the summer that I expect he’ll move on. 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think we’ll do well to get 2m

hes a good young player who carrys the ball v well and has a fantastic engine

he needs to add goals and assists to his game which im

sure he could do… but theres a lot to add to his game ontop of that promise.

is this his last year of contract?, if it is balls not really in our court so to speak 

Yep' last year.  He seems quite level headed though and only 22 ? so I can't see him throwing his toys out if we opted to keep him.   To me he won't be replaced for that money.  He gets through a lot of leg work for a pedestrian midfield and has looked good at wing back for Ireland.  He does a lot of covering at full back as well when players are further up the pitch which goes unnoticed.  In 3 years, he'll be the perfect age for that bustling role in midfield.  When Hendrick came back after Euro 2016 he was a different animal in the 3 games he played before we sold him.  Insane if we don't get a sell on at least.

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i hope we don't take 2 million.  Better off waiting for the compo next summer or chancing we go up.  Openly admitting to the media he's not going to be here doesn't seem the cleverest idea, it won't inspire higher bids. 

Or it’s a case of making clubs aware there is firm interest from multiple parties so if you want him put your money where your mouth is…

Keeping a player here potentially against his will and denying the club a return on the investment made in him may not prove to be “better off”. What if we don’t get promoted? What if the compensation via tribunal is less than £2m? What if he gets injured?
If clubs want him and will pay for him, and that helps strengthen the squad and club overall then sell. It’s a business decision and doesn’t need to be yet another pop at Warne.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Or it’s a case of making clubs aware there is firm interest from multiple parties so if you want him put your money where your mouth is…

Keeping a player here potentially against his will and denying the club a return on the investment made in him may not prove to be “better off”. What if we don’t get promoted? What if the compensation via tribunal is less than £2m? What if he gets injured?
If clubs want him and will pay for him, and that helps strengthen the squad and club overall then sell. It’s a business decision and doesn’t need to be yet another pop at Warne.

Have an afternoon off mate and ask Paul if his halo needs a polish. 

Of the bids that Derby have received for Knight, Warne added: "I don't think the offers that we've had for him have been offensive and they're not way off.

Stop talking man

I think you need to find a way to accept the inevitable.

There’s no point railing against something you can’t control over and over and over again, as I’ve recently found myself on this very forum 😃 

The club are clearly open to the idea of selling Knight before losing him at the end of his contract for an amount that could be lower than they can get this summer. Warne wouldn’t be talking openly about it if that weren’t the case. He’s more likely to be sold this summer than not, nothing we can do will change that. 

Edit - I have had a few afternoons off after feedback from other posters. Todays the first day I’ve really engaged in a conversation of this sort all week. You seem constantly angry at everything the club does and keen to attribute all the blame to Warne. It’s not solely on him.
I don’t think he has a halo, he’s got plenty of faults, I just don’t see the benefit of slating everything about the club and making it all Warne’s fault. He’s not going anywhere for now, so I accept that and look forward to the season in hope it’s better than last. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added thoughts

Of the bids that Derby have received for Knight, Warne added: "I don't think the offers that we've had for him have been offensive and they're not way off.

Stop talking man

What even is that negotiation technique? 😂

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yep' last year.  He seems quite level headed though and only 22 ? so I can't see him throwing his toys out if we opted to keep him.   To me he won't be replaced for that money.  He gets through a lot of leg work for a pedestrian midfield and has looked good at wing back for Ireland.  He does a lot of covering at full back as well when players are further up the pitch which goes unnoticed.  In 3 years, he'll be the perfect age for that bustling role in midfield.  When Hendrick came back after Euro 2016 he was a different animal in the 3 games he played before we sold him.  Insane if we don't get a sell on at least.

Hell just froze over 😂😂

Agree with every word 👏🏻👏🏻

my issue(not with ur post) is how u the club quantify that into an amount.

i agree he wont throw his toys out of the pram, but at the same time he probably wont sign a new deal with us and i dont blame him

so we have 6 months ish to sell him and get a reasonable fee for him as the closer it gets to jan the closer he can talk to other clubs and move in the summer with no fee and potentially even better wages 

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not sure if that’s a dig at me or others. My own comment on the training thread the other day was just an observation that he was back and training with the group after his break. I’ve maintained throughout the summer that I expect he’ll move on. 

No not a dig at you, was just to what had been said previously, i dont pay attention or remember the names of who posts 🤣

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Hell just froze over 😂😂

Agree with every word 👏🏻👏🏻

my issue(not with ur post) is how u the club quantify that into an amount.

i agree he wont throw his toys out of the pram, but at the same time he probably wont sign a new deal with us and i dont blame him

so we have 6 months ish to sell him and get a reasonable fee for him as the closer it gets to jan the closer he can talk to other clubs and move in the summer with no fee and potentially even better wages 

Far as I know we'd get a tribunal fee.  It's been mooted on here by those who know more about the system than me, that it could around 1.5 million plus based on previous championship games etc.   If we go up, bar clubs that have parachute payments making offers, he could well stay.  At 2 million, I can't see the reasoning.  See what happens.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Far as I know we'd get a tribunal fee.  It's been mooted on here by those who know more about the system than me, that it could around 1.5 million plus based on previous championship games etc.   If we go up, bar clubs that have parachute payments making offers, he could well stay.  At 2 million, I can't see the reasoning.  See what happens.

Having seen how tribunals seem to screw the selling club over id be very wary of letting it get to that stage

iv no idea and only guessing but i dont think it would be anywhere near that 

but thats my guess