Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

£12k - including bonuses was what Percy had. A wage budget no greater than £8m. 

He definitely played his part, albeit I think we were all probably expecting more from him. 

A wage budget of £8 million, we could get Haarland for 16 weeks with that 😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

A wage budget of £8 million, we could get Haarland for 16 weeks with that 😂😂😂

I don’t think we could even do it for that long - I’d hazard a guess that Lingard made more at Forest than our entire team last season. 

11 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

He justified that with his G/A alone though so not overly unhappy with him being one of the highest earners

assuming the salary numbers reported were right, hourihane’s 12k was a long way from didzy, bird, knight, mcgoldrick. Not the recipe for a happy camp unless CH is shooting the lights out. As mentioned elsewhere, Didzy’s opening gambit must surely have been 2 years at a number exceeding CH last season 

1 hour ago, JJH said:

Decision’s expected from Knight this week.

Staff here confident as we’ve not moved for anyone else. Time will tell I suppose.

“Decision’s expected from Knight”? Surely the decision sits with Derby as reportedly the bids submitted so far fall below the club’s valuation?

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Decision’s expected from Knight”? Surely the decision sits with Derby as reportedly the bids submitted so far fall below the club’s valuation?

They know what they need to get to to have the bid accepted mate. As Percy reported our last bid wasn’t far off.

If he turns down Bristol, it doesn’t mean in a few weeks that he gets a better opportunity and goes there. The sooner the better, providing the funds are forthcoming from Bristol and the deal looks like what the club what financially then hopefully it gets done. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If he turns down Bristol, it doesn’t mean in a few weeks that he gets a better opportunity and goes there. The sooner the better, providing the funds are forthcoming from Bristol and the deal looks like what the club what financially then hopefully it gets done. 

I wouldn’t blame him if he went elsewhere.

Probably rather go to Stoke than our shower.

On 27/06/2023 at 12:31, Ambitious said:

£12k - including bonuses was what Percy had. A wage budget no greater than £8m. 

He definitely played his part, albeit I think we were all probably expecting more from him. 

I was expecting a similar level of control over games at this level that bannan has 

13 minutes ago, JJH said:

Why are we a “shower”, if you don’t mind me asking?

In the past then yeah, fair enough. But we’re 1 year into the biggest rebuild we’ve ever faced and a lot of effort is being put into it by Clowes & the boardroom, as well as Warne & the coaching staff. To just dismiss it as a “shower” is pretty disrespectful to all that work so far.

Just now, Kernow said:

In the past then yeah, fair enough. But we’re 1 year into the biggest rebuild we’ve ever faced and a lot of effort is being put into it by Clowes & the boardroom, as well as Warne & the coaching staff. To just dismiss it as a “shower” is pretty disrespectful to all that work so far.

He’s talking about Bristol 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

He’s talking about Bristol 

My mistake! I wouldn’t call Bristol City a shower either to be fair, and I’d rather go there than Stoke. Thought he was a Derby fan 😅

12 minutes ago, JJH said:

Stoke make the most sense financially - as we know they’re able to dope their finances heavily with bet365 money. Most Championship sides account roughly £1.5-£2m in sponsorship and advertising, whilst they’re sat at £10m plus. A third of their income. 

It makes a massive difference at this level, gives them a financial edge. The problem is that they’re unable to ever put it together and that’s why they’re a midtable championship side, despite all of that. I get the feeling that it’s quite a toxic club, more recently, the fans hold a negative view of the club and a lot of apathy.

Ipswich would be my pick out of the three clubs linked so far, but it seems they’ve gone with the lad from Peterborough as their first choice. 

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I was expecting a similar level of control over games at this level that bannan has 

I was hoping for that too, but realistically a player moving on a free to a club under financial restrictions probably should have tempered expectation.

Hourihane was an absolutely wonderful player at a time, but is regressing and that’s why we were able to pick him up for £12k a week (or less). He still had a good impact in terms of goals and assists. 

More should’ve been expected of Bird and Knight than Hourihane, after all they’re the players that we wanted multiple millions for - rather than the guy who we were able to sign on a free.

On 01/07/2023 at 11:19, Kernow said:

Yeah, was on about Bristol City.

We’re better than we have been under the previous regime but still distinctly average.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

He can play at higher level than that might a lot higher.

He's a mid table championship midfielder at best. No way is he good enough for the prem.

Sorry, I know he's an academy product and we tend to get misty eyed over them but, certainly last season he didn't pull up any trees. If he's that good he would have bossed this league.

Only my opinion of course 😂