Knollsy

Comrade 86

Guessing most will have seen this but watching this big old boy slapping  so-called ultras senseless is quite joyous. The guy has hands like fookin shovels and brought dozens of the Stone Island crew to an abrupt holt. Fair play.

Presumably AZ will be in a bit of bother over this? God knows what would have happened had the AZ morons made it up those stairs.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

This is how I imagine the Norse axeman holding back the English army at the Battle of Stamford Bridge must have looked (one for the history buffs)

Notice the sneaky Englishman in the boat under the said bridge, No good being an axeman if you aint got the brain to go with it 😁

image.thumb.png.040de471fa992aac3e5ff47ee8a904ec.png

2 hours ago, Taribo said:

Not to be a pedant but the guy in the video is not 'Knollsy'. 

Knollsy is here: https://www.ladbible.com/sport/west-ham-knollsy-chris-knoll-az-alkmaar-ultras-709336-20230520

Just worth pointing out the man in green not getting any recognition whilst the West Ham fans are chanting Knollsy's name.

Ah, sorry if I've got it wrong. Didn't check it before posting to be honest. Fair play to both of them, in that case.

Not criticising the guy(s) at all for fighting back given that they didn't appear to have started anything, but am I the only one to be surprised by the hypocritical nature of the authorities - football and police - in all this? 

Here's a guy who has been widely named and identified in the press, and lauded, for fighting in a football ground, never mind the circumstances - an element usually ignored by those in charge.  But he has not (yet) had his collar fingered, nor threatened with a lifetime ban from all football grounds or whatever the going rate is nowadays.

All this shortly before Vinicius Jr was sent off for retaliating to a choke hold from a (white) Valencia player having been subject to continuous racial abuse by the crowd, the Valencia player receiving no punishment even though the choke hold was clear on replays and sustained rather than momentary

29 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

1. Not criticising the guy(s) at all for fighting back given that they didn't appear to have started anything, but am I the only one to be surprised by the hypocritical nature of the authorities - football and police - in all this? 

Here's a guy who has been widely named and identified in the press, and lauded, for fighting in a football ground, never mind the circumstances - an element usually ignored by those in charge.  But he has not (yet) had his collar fingered, nor threatened with a lifetime ban from all football grounds or whatever the going rate is nowadays.

2. All this shortly before Vinicius Jr was sent off for retaliating to a choke hold from a (white) Valencia player having been subject to continuous racial abuse by the crowd, the Valencia player receiving no punishment even though the choke hold was clear on replays and sustained rather than momentary

1. 30-40-50 supposed "Ultras" dressed in black(Taken from the Italians)go to attack family and friends of the players, Then a couple of WHU fans block their way on the stairs, Some "Ultra fans" are throwing punches at them, The 2 are fighting back and putting 1 or 2 on their arse, The rest bottle it and decide this aint for us.

What are the authorities to do and what charge would you expect them to be charged with, I'd say it was a failing of the security(stewards)and the Dutch police.

2. A Brazilian player is assaulted/racially abused then sent off, Referee didn't do anything to the "white" player, I'd guess this "might" be looked at by the Spanish FA with all the press coverage 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Not criticising the guy(s) at all for fighting back given that they didn't appear to have started anything, but am I the only one to be surprised by the hypocritical nature of the authorities - football and police - in all this? 

All this shortly before Vinicius Jr was sent off for retaliating to a choke hold from a (white) Valencia player having been subject to continuous racial abuse by the crowd, the Valencia player receiving no punishment even though the choke hold was clear on replays and sustained rather than momentary

I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to make?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to make?

I apologise 

The authorities - police and football - both regularly bang on about hooliganism and racism. Fans are regularly banned for both. And two examples in the last few days when Knollsy (whether for good reason or not is immaterial) is seen fighting at a football ground and is, so far, not arrested but largely lauded for doing so; and Vinicius jr reacts to what appears to be the final straw of many incidents of racial abuse this season and ends up being sent off, the reaction of the Spanish authorities is to blame him for not turning up to two meetings.

I feel there are elements of hypocrisy at work in both.