Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

21 hours ago, angieram said:

We are being encouraged to report the worst offenders to the Club, but they often don't stand anywhere near where they have tickets for, and tickets are regularly re-sold on Twitter so aren't necessarily in the hands of the original purchasers.

I have never seen any stewards challenging the behaviours of abusive fans during matches. They just film it all and keep their distance. 

The rest of us have to put up with it.

I guess that stewards are probably told to keep their distance rather than create a ruckus that could cause even more problems. I would also guess that GDPR regulations prevent sharing film too widely both of which people will know and take advantage of. 
It is - and I don’t have a solution - a problem of too much demand for too low supply and our allocation system. The club tries to reward regular away fans (and mainly does) but in order to guarantee tickets in the future fans with no intention of going have to keep their numbers up. Some of those will be sold on.
Sheffield Wed last season was an example - sold out but on the day there were  at least 200 empty seats around where I was.

We could follow the Leeds example. Whether away ticket staff want to deal with the potential aggro and checks for something that is not their problem would be an issue. We could clear the decks on the system and start again but that would upset the genuine fan. We could attach photo id to the ticket but that requires the away club to monitor it. We could demand proper policing by proper police but that ship has long since sailed. I’m not sure there’s an easy solution. 

It is sadly true that football as a whole has only fundamentally changed after a disaster. A bit sweeping I know. But maybe that’s what is ahead. 

We could also go up to bigger grounds or go down and reduce demand but…….!

2 hours ago, AGR said:

In future can people who can no longer go to the games return the tickets to the club so people like myself on the waiting list have a chance and the points are allocated correctly

I always thought you cannot  return your ticket unless the game gets postponed or moved to a new date

3 hours ago, StevenageRam said:

I always thought you cannot  return your ticket unless the game gets postponed or moved to a new date

I've just returned two tickets for Shrewsbury away and the Club is willing to accept them up to 24 hours' before kick-off. They keep a proper waiting list of people who will benefit. In my case, it's likely to be someone who can get to Pride Park to pick up the tickets at short notice. Unforeseen circumstances, sadly.

But I always think this is better than randomly passing them on Twitter. You've no idea what sort of behaviour might ensue from a fan with a ticket that has your identity on it. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I've just returned two tickets for Shrewsbury away and the Club is willing to accept them up to 24 hours' before kick-off. They keep a proper waiting list of people who will benefit. In my case, it's likely to be someone who can get to Pride Park to pick up the tickets at short notice. Unforeseen circumstances, sadly.

But I always think this is better than randomly passing them on Twitter. You've no idea what sort of behaviour might ensue from a fan with a ticket that has your identity on it. 

Hope everything’s ok Ang, will give the lads a big cheer for you

One of my mates can't make it today because of the weather so I have a spare adult ticket for sale if anyone is traveling down without a ticket and wants one -£24 - I'm already on the train to Shrewsbury so best to meet there if anyone is interested - unless you're on the same train as me of course.

I saw the ‘highlights’ yesterday and found it very frustrating seeing empty seats in the away end when it was a sell out. Was it the usual muppets just drinking in the concourses during the game, standing in the aisles or no shows. Frustrating having an away membership you can never use and seeing empty seats. 

Quite why i would want to go away from home at the moment I can’t really say but still! 

6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I saw the ‘highlights’ yesterday and found it very frustrating seeing empty seats in the away end when it was a sell out. Was it the usual muppets just drinking in the concourses during the game, standing in the aisles or no shows. Frustrating having an away membership you can never use and seeing empty seats. 

Quite why i would want to go away from home at the moment I can’t really say but still! 

There were hundreds of fans in the concourse before HT, (that weren't in the queue for a pee).

I've been to every away game this season except Burton. Unfortunately, after yesterday, I'm not in any rush to go to any more!

Edited by Grumpy Git

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

No trains running from Derby yesterday probably had something to do with that. 

I wasn't there yesterday but there are always a number of away fans arrive late, leave early both half and full time, up and down for numerous loo breaks, stand down at the front in the way of the disabled fans or congregate on the stairs at the back of the stands.

Stewards do little or nothing to put them right because they are gobby drugged/drunk little shites who care for nobody but themselves.

You've only got to look at the profile of the ones chanting at Warne after the game and you get the idea.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I wasn't there yesterday but there are always a number of away fans arrive late, leave early both half and full time, up and down for numerous loo breaks, stand down at the front in the way of the disabled fans or congregate on the stairs at the back of the stands.

Stewards do little or nothing to put them right because they are gobby drugged/drunk little shites who care for nobody but themselves.

You've only got to look at the profile of the ones chanting at Warne after the game and you get the idea.

Even though you weren’t there you’ve described it perfectly 😂

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Totally agree,we have season tickets and away memberships but most away games don’t reach us .Be nice if club said how many memberships had been sold in each category.