Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

On 25/08/2023 at 19:35, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Pricing is certainly having an impact on me. It’s too much for an adult and 12 year old. 

The pressure of children who think you score four away from home every time is a terrible thing. I could do with a dour 0-0 draw this time or I could be bankrupted by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Only 67 tickets left in the bottom tier of the stand, I would think they will open up the top tier in the morning, probably one block at a time.

This would assume they have printed the tickets and delivered them to DCFC.

Plus can Bolton arrange the extra stewarding at short notice.

Hope so - can see another 500 shifting if the top tier opens up.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This would assume they have printed the tickets and delivered them to DCFC.

Plus can Bolton arrange the extra stewarding at short notice.

Hope so - can see another 500 shifting if the top tier opens up.

They print the tickets in the ticket office at Derby. We were given an allocation of over 5,000 so I presume they would arrange the stewarding accordingly.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

They print the tickets in the ticket office at Derby. We were given an allocation of over 5,000 so I presume they would arrange the stewarding accordingly.

I’m sure they don’t print them. 

That’s why so many times in the past we’ve had to wait for the home team to deliver them before we start selling them.

Its their own bar coding system and so on - you’d need our own software compatible with their ticket system to even do this.

Part of the upper tier is now open. Looks like they're gonna open a block at a time.

5200 tickets is a massive ask for any club to sell for an away game. Especially in league one. Even taking over 3000 is some effort on the back of an away game last week in which we took 4000 fans.

Prices obviously aren't great. It cost me £30 to take me and my son to Peterborough. £27 adult and £3 U12. Which you can't grumble with.

Bolton is costing me £42 for us. Which I fully understand is a lot for some people. 

One thing though, and this is absolutely not aimed at anyone here at all. But when away memberships came out. A lot of our fans on twitter were kicking off that it wasn't fair etc (Which I kind of agree with. I personally don't think you should be able to buy an away membership if you haven't got a season ticket) and now tickets are available they aren't being snapped up. I wonder if those fans were moaning for the sake of moaning? 

21 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Part of the upper tier is now open. Looks like they're gonna open a block at a time.

5200 tickets is a massive ask for any club to sell for an away game. Especially in league one. Even taking over 3000 is some effort on the back of an away game last week in which we took 4000 fans.

Prices obviously aren't great. It cost me £30 to take me and my son to Peterborough. £27 adult and £3 U12. Which you can't grumble with.

Bolton is costing me £42 for us. Which I fully understand is a lot for some people. 

One thing though, and this is absolutely not aimed at anyone here at all. But when away memberships came out. A lot of our fans on twitter were kicking off that it wasn't fair etc (Which I kind of agree with. I personally don't think you should be able to buy an away membership if you haven't got a season ticket) and now tickets are available they aren't being snapped up. I wonder if those fans were moaning for the sake of moaning? 

At the risk of reopening the old debate, I don’t see why purchasing away membership should be conditional on having a season ticket. For the record, I am a ST holder and have away membership. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or be able to make enough home games to justify one. Why should these people be disadvantaged from buying away tickets? Are you suggesting they are less of a supporter than those of us that do have season tickets?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

At the risk of reopening the old debate, I don’t see why purchasing away membership should be conditional on having a season ticket. For the record, I am a ST holder and have away membership. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or be able to make enough home games to justify one. Why should these people be disadvantaged from buying away tickets? Are you suggesting they are less of a supporter than those of us that do have season tickets?

No not at all. I have an away membership and a season ticket. So if doesn't affect me it's just my opinion.

Why would a person not be able to make home games? But could make away games? 

I just think someone who has had a season ticket for 30 plus years who may not be able to go to an away game over someone who rocks up and spends £40 on an away membership isn't fair.

Some people will agree some people won't. It's just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No not at all. I have an away membership and a season ticket. So if doesn't affect me it's just my opinion.

I just think someone who has had a season ticket for 30 plus years who may not be able to go to an away game over someone who rocks up and spends £40 on an away membership isn't fair.

There will never be a one size fits all solution.

Someone that lives too far away to make night games may not find a season ticket viable but still goes to Saturday away games which can often be nearer than home games.

Just now, Foreveram said:

There will never be a one size fits all solution.

Someone that lives too far away to make night games may not find a season ticket viable but still goes to Saturday away games which can often be nearer than home games.

No I understand that mate. Cannot please everyone at all.

Yeah potentially and that's a good point. 

It's just my opinion mate. 

There's no right or wrong answer at all..

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I didn’t say they might not be able to make any home games, just not enough to justify a ST. What if, for example, they work (or have other commitments) every other Saturday or something like one Saturday in three? Meaning they may be able to make a certain number of home and away games but not all home games. What if they can’t afford a ST but would like to attend some home games and a sprinkling of away games?

I don’t really see the argument that someone who’s had a ST for 30 plus years (that includes me by the way. My first ST was back in the 70’s) should necessary get extra priority. The benefits of having a ST are: slightly cheaper match day tickets, guaranteed same seat, guaranteed ticket for big cup ties (even if you have to relocate) and pretty much guaranteed ticket if we ever get to Wembley. That should be enough and doesn’t have to include priority for away games as well.

Whilst, admittedly, it is an extra expense, if a ST holder want to buy away membership they will get priority over someone who “rocks up and spends £40 on an away membership”. This is of course dependent on how many away games attended which is a whole new debate. Should a ST holder that hasn’t been to an away game in years get priority over someone that maybe goes to loads?

Sadly, there is no system that would satisfy everyone. IMO, whilst I would certainly benefit if long standing ST holders had priority, I think the current system is about as good as it can get.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

I’m sure they don’t print them. 

That’s why so many times in the past we’ve had to wait for the home team to deliver them before we start selling them.

Its their own bar coding system and so on - you’d need our own software compatible with their ticket system to even do this.

Correct, and all stubs have to be returned to the opposition ticket office on the day of the games, along with any unsold.