Season tickets on sale

Foreveram

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I renewed my season ticket back in May. I moved seats so I was due a new ticket. On Wednesday this week after the postman had been the ticket still hadn’t arrived. I emailed the ticket office and got a standard automatic reply that they had a lot of enquiries and make sure you give all your details etc which I had. 
Thursday morning my new ticket dropped through my letter box happy days. Saturday got to the ground at 14:45 tried to get in and my ticket didn’t work. I spoke to a Steward who said I had to go the the back of the North stand to sort it out. The queue was stretching round to the normal ticket office. 
While queuing I heard the players come out and the kick off then finally got to the front of the queue and the chap said did you read your email reply which I admitted I hadn’t because my ticket had arrived so there wasn’t a problem. 
In the reply was some information that just in case my ticket didn’t arrive they had printed a ticket off which I was to collect from the ticket office. This made my season ticket invalid for today’s match. 
I got another ticket printed off and got in 5 minutes late. 
I take on board that I should have fully read the reply to my email but my question is ‘when I renewed in May a full 10 weeks before the start of the season, why am I having to contact the club 3 days before the start of the new season to enquire where my new ticket is?’

Come on surely if the tickets were sent out in plenty of time this would prevent any enquiries, confusion or distress on the day.

I wasn’t very happy at all.

Presumably it is cheaper/easier to print off new cards in a big batch and send out all at once? And yes you should have checked your emails!!! If it makes you feel better you missed absolutely nothing but I know the whole game would have been affected by the hassle beforehand. Our normal routine was mucked up with traffic/rain issues so was also out of sorts on arrival

3 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I renewed my season ticket back in May. I moved seats so I was due a new ticket. On Wednesday this week after the postman had been the ticket still hadn’t arrived. I emailed the ticket office and got a standard automatic reply that they had a lot of enquiries and make sure you give all your details etc which I had. 
Thursday morning my new ticket dropped through my letter box happy days. Saturday got to the ground at 14:45 tried to get in and my ticket didn’t work. I spoke to a Steward who said I had to go the the back of the North stand to sort it out. The queue was stretching round to the normal ticket office. 
While queuing I heard the players come out and the kick off then finally got to the front of the queue and the chap said did you read your email reply which I admitted I hadn’t because my ticket had arrived so there wasn’t a problem. 
In the reply was some information that just in case my ticket didn’t arrive they had printed a ticket off which I was to collect from the ticket office. This made my season ticket invalid for today’s match. 
I got another ticket printed off and got in 5 minutes late. 
I take on board that I should have fully read the reply to my email but my question is ‘when I renewed in May a full 10 weeks before the start of the season, why am I having to contact the club 3 days before the start of the new season to enquire where my new ticket is?’

Come on surely if the tickets were sent out in plenty of time this would prevent any enquiries, confusion or distress on the day.

I wasn’t very happy at all.

They appeared very under-staffed yesterday. We wanted to pick up our Peterborough tickets but the queue was horrendous so we'll have to call down another day.

The booth where we picked them up last year has disappeared. 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

They appeared very under-staffed yesterday. We wanted to pick up our Peterborough tickets but the queue was horrendous so we'll have to call down another day.

The booth where we picked them up last year has disappeared. 

May be something to bring up with your Rams Trust hat on. I know it needs to be cost effective but it creates some panic 10 minutes before the kick off.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the first three games and being a glutton for punishment, I am considering buying a season ticket in the West Stand. However, on the website, the price remains at the start of the season price of £468. I will call the ticket office in the week to find out more details but is anyone aware of any reduction in the price now that we’re a few games in?

There seems to be very little saving in buying a season ticket at this point (£1.50 a game) if the full price remains - especially as I know I’m definitely going to miss the Northampton match. 

21 minutes ago, Loftyhites said:

After watching the first three games and being a glutton for punishment, I am considering buying a season ticket in the West Stand. However, on the website, the price remains at the start of the season price of £468. I will call the ticket office in the week to find out more details but is anyone aware of any reduction in the price now that we’re a few games in?

There seems to be very little saving in buying a season ticket at this point (£1.50 a game) if the full price remains - especially as I know I’m definitely going to miss the Northampton match. 

My son has just bought a season ticket at Stoke (don't ask 🤬) a few games in and they reduced the price pro-rata. I assume they will do the same if you ask. Maybe? 

Thanks for the replies👍. I’ll give the ticket office a call to see if there is any pro-rata concession, especially as I can evidence that I’ve paid for three games already. If not, at this point, it’s going to be more expensive to buy a season ticket than pay per game, taking into account the one definite game I’m going to miss.

1 minute ago, Loftyhites said:

Thanks for the replies👍. I’ll give the ticket office a call to see if there is any pro-rata concession, especially as I can evidence that I’ve paid for three games already. If not, at this point, it’s going to be more expensive to buy a season ticket than pay per game, taking into account the one definite game I’m going to miss.

Pay per game now, and get a half season ticket when they're released.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Pay per game now, and get a half season ticket when they're released.

I was going to suggest that but looking into it a bit I don’t know if it will be any cheaper.

Disregarding the Northampton game and pricing the remaining games in the category that I think they will be in + booking fees I estimate will come to £229, assuming the half season ticket price is half the full price at £234 that’s £463.

So not worth individually booking tickets to save a fiver, plus maybe could sell the Northampton ticket to someone you know.

As regards the half season ticket I think they are usually issued after Christmas which will mean 11 matches included so could affect the price.

Best thing is to speak to someone in the ticket office but at least this gives you some options.

5 hours ago, Loftyhites said:

Not likely mate

It goes by how many years you been going as a season ticket holder mate.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I was going to suggest that but looking into it a bit I don’t know if it will be any cheaper.

Disregarding the Northampton game and pricing the remaining games in the category that I think they will be in + booking fees I estimate will come to £229, assuming the half season ticket price is half the full price at £234 that’s £463.

So not worth individually booking tickets to save a fiver, plus maybe could sell the Northampton ticket to someone you know.

As regards the half season ticket I think they are usually issued after Christmas which will mean 11 matches included so could affect the price.

Best thing is to speak to someone in the ticket office but at least this gives you some options.

One added bonus to a half season ticket, which you haven't factored in. 

Priority access to play off finals tickets! 

The half season ticket is normally available the last thirteen games onwards, I had one back in the day, and it started well before Xmas.

24 minutes ago, Rev said:

The half season ticket is normally available the last thirteen games onwards, I had one back in the day, and it started well before Xmas.

We are talking about getting a season ticket now or waiting for a half season ticket, so either way you will get a Wembley ticket.

Hopefully I’ll be on my holidays then celebrating our automatic promotion 😉.

I thought it is normally straight after Christmas giving you a 12/11 or 11/12 split but I’ve never had one so I’m not sure, another question for the OP to ask.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

We are talking about getting a season ticket now or waiting for a half season ticket, so either way you will get a Wembley ticket.

Hopefully I’ll be on my holidays then celebrating our automatic promotion 😉.

I thought it is normally straight after Christmas giving you a 12/11 or 11/12 split but I’ve never had one so I’m not sure, another question for the OP to ask.

I strongly suspect we already know the answer...

"We haven't finalised the details as yet, and will make an announcement nearer the time".

If I'm wrong, I'll eat that one remaining sombrero I dumped at the back of my shed.

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"We haven't finalised the details as yet, and will make an announcement nearer the time".

If I'm wrong, I'll eat that one remaining sombrero I dumped at the back of my shed.

Totally agree, the chances of getting any positive information about half season tickets when full season tickets are still on sale are pretty remote but you can only ask.

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Dont think my mum will ever forgive me for the sombreros!

4 hours ago, Rev said:

I had the half season ticket last year. Purchased start of November and first game covered was Accrington start of January.