Summer Rumour Mill

sage

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If we lose Knight and McGoldrick we won’t get players to match them so need to improve other areas of the team. 

I would argue Ward is an upgrade on Knight at RWB. McGoldrick's goals at this level are replaceable, as shown by him being only 3rd in the scoring charts last season.

I’ve heard the following 

nelson signed 

Harding has offers elsewhere 

Bradley the same 

The two attackers warn spoke about were JCH and May the former depends on selling knight and Bielik 

enquiries to Brannagan as a potential knight replacement also been in talks with two premier league u23 loans ones a W/FW the other is utility player can play along the back or CDM Man City , Chelsea , Liverpool Brentford and Fulham u23s looked at 

A couple of people mentioning Curtis Nelson now, and while I recognise the need for cbs and would support him if he signs, it’s one I’d find a bit underwhelming. Not sure why, as he’s played at a higher level recently. Think I was just hoping for a younger option with a potentially higher ceiling. Pennington or the lad released from Man United’s academy who was at Portsmouth on loan, someone like that. 
Could still happen I suppose as we need multiple bodies at the back. 

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve heard the following 

nelson signed 

Bradley the same 

The two attackers warn spoke about were JCH and May the former depends on selling knight and Bielik 

enquiries to Brannagan as a potential knight replacement also been in talks with two premier league u23 loans ones a W/FW the other is utility player can play along the back or CDM Man City , Chelsea , Liverpool Brentford and Fulham u23s looked at 

Hmm, mixed bag that. I'd expect JCH to go championship, he has something prove at that level right now.  The loan info is interesting, because that's where we can get a sprinkling of magic, raw but technically gifted.  

We still supposed to be in for Bonis? 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A couple of people mentioning Curtis Nelson now, and while I recognise the need for cbs and would support him if he signs, it’s one I’d find a bit underwhelming. Not sure why, as he’s played at a higher level recently. Think I was just hoping for a younger option with a potentially higher ceiling. Pennington or the lad released from Man United’s academy who was at Portsmouth on loan, someone like that. 

I agree that Dishon Bernard sounds immense and us available on a free. Would put pompeys nose out of joint, and give us a real prospect for the longer term and possible financial reward. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I agree but maybe Nelson  is  just a Chester Davies Stearman replacement 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

or the lad released from Man United’s academy who was at Portsmouth on loan, someone like that.

No reason to assume he's not on the radar as we still need both RCB and CB. No guarantees that Wes Harding is a given for RCB if he has championship offers.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh no, does this mean a play has left Rosenior's team to join Warne's team?

Even the doom mongers are going to struggle to make up an excuse for this one.

Not strictly true, he seems to have been released by Hull.

BTW, I'm a PW fan, so no agenda there.

30 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve heard the following 

nelson signed 

Bradley the same 

Yep, all those doing the rounds, I would be happy with the 2 strikers, not sure about Nelson. He didn’t do that well at Blackpool according to my mate who is a season ticket holder there 👍

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would argue Ward is an upgrade on Knight at RWB. McGoldrick's goals at this level are replaceable, as shown by him being only 3rd in the scoring charts last season.

How many times have you seen Ward play 👻, to make such a comment 😁

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many times have you seen Ward play 👻, to make such a comment 😁

I myself I’ve seen him play about 10 times in two years on tv, away and at home.

a free kick taker 

likes to cross 

expect 25-30 yard goals 

engine on him 

likes to drift inside and out wide 

I myself I’ve seen him play about 10 times in two years on tv, away and at home.

a free kick taker 

likes to cross 

expect 25-30 yard goals 

engine on him 

I was asking 👻

a free kick taker 

likes to cross 

expect 25-30 yard goals 

engine on him 

Sounds promising 😁