Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Unless I'm completely missing the point, there's been no reported interest in Smith but we were (allegedly) touting Bird around for sale pre-injury. Hence replacing Bird, when he's sold off to fund Warnes revamp.

I think the point was Smith keeps the bench warm.

2 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Unless I'm completely missing the point, there's been no reported interest in Smith but we were (allegedly) touting Bird around for sale pre-injury. Hence replacing Bird, when he's sold off to fund Warnes revamp.

I am referring to a style of play, role in the team. 

By the time Bird is back, Super Warne will have us in the top 2 and Bird won't want to leave. 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Not sure why Fornah hasn’t been announced yet, pictures were taken yesterday

To be fair, Derby used to have a tendancy to announce signings on a Thursday.

If we are close to a striker signing, but it hasn't yet been finalised, makes sense to wait and do a double announcement....its probably on hold due to the media team.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Speaking after the win to BBC Radio Derby, Warne spoke about the loss of his injured players and where in the squad he would like to strengthen.

“I feel for Max more than anyone because he was the fittest person pre-season, our best performer this season.

“I asked the lads to play with character and I think they dedicated the win to Birdy because it’s a massive blow, all three of them going.

“Hopefully we’ll have that midfielder in soon, [and] try and get another one.

“We need another right wing-back, which is disappointing, so we’re trying to get that and we still need something else up top.

“The team is giving their all and I’m not criticising it, but if I’m critiquing it, it’s not a top-three team, that is my honest truth, I don’t think it’s a top-three team.”