Summer Rumour Mill

sage

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I agree. But he did say that was looking at the 22 to 32 year old bracket, but that we may sign a striker outside of that bracket.

Obviously that could be someone 18 to 21..but I honestly think it was another hint at Sharp.

Just a hunch that I've had since it was announced he was leaving his club. 

I thoroughly dislike Sharp, but I would back him if he played for us.

given the bad feeling between sharp,dcfc,and rams fans,i would think the only reason he would sign is for an easy final pay day with minimal effort or ambition for the club.definate no from me.remember tyson

Barry aka The Rambler claiming Brighton have had a second bid for Cashin rejected which doesn’t meet the club’s £3m valuation. Big pinch of🧂 needed of course, however Barry did get it right about Bradley yesterday so I’ll give him a tiny bit of credit and @nogbad van 50 has hinted at something Cashin related too. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

For what it's worth I think Washington might be a bit of a dark horse in terms of the impact he could have. The kind of pressing and physicality we'll get up too can bring others in to play. He might not get 20 himself but if everyone around him scores more often then it's not a problem in my view.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Barry aka The Rambler claiming Brighton have had a second bid for Cashin rejected which doesn’t meet the clubs £3m valuation. Big pinch of🧂 needed of course, however Barry did get it right about Bradley yesterday so I’ll give him a tiny bit of credit and @nogbad van 50 has hinted at something Cashin related too. 

Cashin one of the only players I'd be genuinely gutted to see go. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

26 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Has Nombe even been linked 

I only read what some commented on here but that is definitely the sort of player we should be signing in terms of balance. We don't need another plodder if we have Collins, we need raw pace and an eye for goal. My first choice was Alfie May but Nombe would be a better fit for the long run.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No chance Cashin leaves unless we're stupid enough to be looking to, well, cash in and spend £2-3m+ to lose him but bring in a striker

I honestly think Cashin will only leave Derby if he's forced to.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Just been looking at other clubs in our division most are signing free agents or loans no big money say £1m has been spent or received yet. Bar Alfie May (£250-275k) nothing more than slightly  over around £200,000. If we receive money for knight I’d imagine our top transfer may push £1m but I think it would be wiser to use the knight money on a loan fee or a non league potential 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yep, same, don’t have any trust in Barry as a source, however it’s the second mention of it today so thought I’d share.

I bloody love Cashin, homegrown no nonsense, brave central defender who has passion for the club and the added bonus of being able to play a little! However he is a saleable asset looking at it coldly from a business perspective so if there is a bid of multiple millions you can see it being considered by the club. 
Hopefully we tell any suitors where to go, he signs a new deal and we go up as champs. IF he is sold to a Brighton or similar I’d want the club to negotiate a loan back for the season alongside a big fee. 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Barry aka The Rambler claiming Brighton have had a second bid for Cashin rejected which doesn’t meet the club’s £3m valuation. Big pinch of🧂 needed of course, however Barry did get it right about Bradley yesterday so I’ll give him a tiny bit of credit and @nogbad van 50 has hinted at something Cashin related too. 

Its true mate

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we pack our team with older players who struggled in the championship, what do we do if we’re promoted?

Don’t we end up paying over the odds again because everyone knows we’re desperate?

Who do you mean?
Clowes strikes me as the type of person who won’t pay over the odds. The recruitment under his tenure (partly through circumstance) has been shrewd and cost effective thus far. The club will only pay what it is willing to pay, clubs can’t force us to spend money, and like with the last 2 summers there are free agents to sign every year and we will be able to compete for those players at championship level as we have at league one. That’s my view anyway.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added thoughts

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yep, same, don’t have any trust in Barry as a source, however it’s the second mention of it today so thought I’d share.

I bloody love Cashin, homegrown no nonsense, brave central defender who has passion for the club and the added bonus of being able to play a little! However he is a saleable asset looking at it coldly from a business perspective so if there is a bid of multiple millions you can see it being considered by the club. 
Hopefully we tell any suitors where to go, he signs a new deal and we go up as champs. IF he is sold to a Brighton or similar I’d want the club to negotiate a loan back for the season alongside a big fee. 

👏👏👏

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

£4m bid expected-what do we do? Big big call for Clowes and Warne

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Lets be honest, even though some of us would be sniffy about it, Billy Sharp would score a bagful at this level with our team behind him. The aim is to get promoted

I wouldn’t disagree with that.

I actually have a feeling that Collins might be the surprise of the season for us- particularly if he gets a couple of early goals to boost his confidence. I think a repeat of the 25 goal season with Luton when they got promoted from League 1 might even be on. Just have a gut feeling. 

39 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There's no chance he's going to Brighton.   He's nowhere near that level.