Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

4 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Davies made a mistake, but how can you say the ref didn’t?  Completely conned…

Is this still the relevant law and didn’t Davies pull the player while he had a clear goal scoring opportunity? If not (on any of the above) I’m happy to be corrected.

“Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.”

Just now, jameso said:

Is this still the relevant law and didn’t Davies pull the player while he had a clear goal scoring opportunity? If not (on any of the above) I’m happy to be corrected.

“Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.”

I understand the rules, you don’t have to patronise me by quoting them, but the contact such as it was, wasn’t enough to blow down a feather…

Just now, Andrew1 said:

I understand the rules, you don’t have to patronise me by quoting them, but the contact such as it was, wasn’t enough to blow down a feather…

Much is lost in text - I’m not suggesting you read all the posts I’ve ever made but I’m honestly not patronising you. The rules change all the time and that’s the one I assumed still applies but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you corrected (updated) me.

All that said, are you confident that if Flint had put his hands on McGoldrick and Didzy had gone down like that, you definitely wouldn’t deem it a penalty and a red card?

6 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I find it very odd how people almost go above and beyond to say a decision against us was so correct and we're just moaners. I happen, because of where I lived most of my adult life, to be a regular on a PL team's board - To a person, every single one of them that have commented has derided that decision.

I think some people are just masochists  .they just like it when we get punished for nothing.