The DIY Help Thread

Day

10 minutes ago, David said:

The moment you have all been waiting for.

Filled the holes with wood PVA, slapped that Velcro on which was a huge shout by @Rev as it's holding it by itself. The screws haven't taken at all.

Tight old fit it is, which is why it got pulled off in the first place I think but feels solid now.

Would never have thought about using Velcro of all things.

IMG_0034.jpeg

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I see the plumber also cut in the paintwork on the wall corners too.

That was good of him.  😁

We went blue and now going back to white, give it 6 months and be back to blue again 

2 hours ago, David said:

No help needed, managed to follow a YouTube tutorial and fix something myself! 

Plumber fitted a new inlet, problem is, he left it at the default length so the flush wouldn't get rid of the Mrs elephant dumps.

So I took it apart, lengthened the inlet and put it all back together again without a single SOS text to anyone.

@Boycie will be impressed, but watch him deny it.

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

So you've replaced your dishwasher with a toilet, Ah well 1 flush and the plates are clean I guess 😁

46 minutes ago, David said:

Filled the holes with wood PVA, slapped that Velcro on which was a huge shout by @Rev as it's holding it by itself. The screws haven't taken at all.

Tight old fit it is, which is why it got pulled off in the first place I think but feels solid now.

IMG_0034.jpeg

If it bothers you, or more likely the missus, that the door isn't sitting flush to the adjacent door, undo the screws securing the dishwasher to the worktop, and lower the front legs on the dishwasher,  push it back until it sits flush, then screw them back in.

Just now, Rev said:

If it bothers you, or more likely the missus, that the door isn't sitting flush to the adjacent door, undo the screws securing the dishwasher to the worktop, and lower the front legs on the dishwasher,  push it back until it sits flush, then screw them back in.

Or, sandpaper down the front of the other doors

2 hours ago, David said:

Plumber fitted a new inlet, problem is, he left it at the default length so the flush wouldn't get rid of the Mrs elephant dumps.

So I took it apart, lengthened the inlet and put it all back together again without a single SOS text to anyone.

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

What are you drinking in that reflection on the seat.

0j0rqvvm5e2t.gif

4 hours ago, David said:

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

You should have got that idiot back, and I’m glad you followed my instructions to the max. Well done young David.

On 14/04/2023 at 18:46, David said:

IMG_0034.jpeg

With it being a new build assuming it’s a trade kitchen unless you know any different.

I know someone who works at Howdens if you post the measurement of the door and the dishwasher appliance name I might be able to find if it’s Howdens and if spare doors are available in case you need any in the future 

3 hours ago, cstand said:

With it being a new build assuming it’s a trade kitchen unless you know any different.

I know someone who works at Howdens if you post the measurement of the door and the dishwasher appliance name I might be able to find if it’s Howdens and if spare doors are available in case you need any in the future 

The dishwasher was purchase at a later date, installed it ourselves. Tbh it’s still holding up fine at the minute so no need to replace……yet.