Sponsorship

Poynton ram

Any news on main sponsors for next season  although I assume nothing will be agreed until season end? Will stadium naming rights be agreed as surely that will bring in some income, perhaps structured in such a way that any promotion would trigger an additional payment? 

• 2 months later...

WAs hoping we may have a Sponsor announced by now. Assuming this generates some income, as we had nil last season, this would presumably help towards any transfer investments?

27 minutes ago, JHB said:

WAs hoping we may have a Sponsor announced by now. Assuming this generates some income, as we had nil last season, this would presumably help towards any transfer investments?

especially as we are reliant on revenue so we can spend more, its hugely important for us even if its not a large amount

31 minutes ago, JHB said:

Feels like a valid point although I doubt any sponsorship deals would actually add to the transfer fee kitty but it could impact the wages we could offer.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Chances are, a sponsor has been found, contracts signed and they are just waiting to announce with the kit launch.

As with the transfers, just because it's not public, doesn't mean nothing is happening or happened.

You Already Know GIF by Fergie

On 05/04/2023 at 19:02, Poynton ram said:

Any news on main sponsors for next season  although I assume nothing will be agreed until season end? Will stadium naming rights be agreed as surely that will bring in some income, perhaps structured in such a way that any promotion would trigger an additional payment? 

Doubt we will see stadium naming sponsor.

Difficult with Stadium's that have names associated with them to obtain any value.  The value is in new venues that have no name - you can let the sponsorship lapse and people still think of the original name.

I don't think I ever called it the IPro.  Nor would I The Ron Brooks Toyota Arena. 

The cost of doing it would be high, and the value low.  i doubt it'll happen.   

4 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Doubt we will see stadium naming sponsor.

Difficult with Stadium's that have names associated with them to obtain any value.  The value is in new venues that have no name - you can let the sponsorship lapse and people still think of the original name.

I don't think I ever called it the IPro.  Nor would I The Ron Brooks Toyota Arena. 

The cost of doing it would be high, and the value low.  i doubt it'll happen.   

I don’t think anyone is really thinking about a stadium naming sponsor. Presumably all we’re talking about here is a main shirt sponsor.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How about we rename the stadium Prime Park.

A corporate could use showcase it's gay rights credentials.  Barclays @ Pride Park (all in rainbow letters).

This is not written jokingly or mockingly: I do think there is something there, but not finished article.

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

A corporate could use showcase it's gay rights credentials.  Barclays @ Pride Park (all in rainbow letters).

This is not written jokingly or mockingly: I do think there is something there, but not finished article.

Nah. Stop trying to fool us. You were joking. 😀

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Nah. Stop trying to fool us. You were joking. 😀

A little 🙂

I do think that it would work, though.  

Practically no effect on the name, but some corporate gets to tag a vogue issue into a sponsorship deal.  

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

A little 🙂

Practically no effect on the name, but some corporate gets to tag a vogue issue into a sponsorship deal.  

In an ideal world football grounds should retain their historic names but I do accept that for financial reasons PP might need to be renamed at some point. In my opinion it shouldn’t be a showpiece for any kind of “vogue issue”. The same could be said of the shirt sponsor. I was very comfortable with NSPCC as that is national charity that even the most extreme person would probably find it difficult to take issue with. 

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

In an ideal world football grounds should retain their historic names but I do accept that for financial reasons PP might need to be renamed at some point. In my opinion it shouldn’t be a showpiece for any kind of “vogue issue”. The same could be said of the shirt sponsor. I was very comfortable with NSPCC as that is national charity that even the most extreme person would probably find it difficult to take issue with. 

I agree with this.

Don't like the idea of sponsorship of name as Pizza Hut Arena, or The Gamble Now Ground. If we are going to do it, I'd rather be creative with it like above.  That is all.  I didn't mind - Sports Direct @ St James Park - ignore the first part, and they get the advertising.  

I bought my first club top this season in twenty years as I don't want to be a walking advert(in my memory.

13 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

A little 🙂

You might want to ask some CEOs from Budweiser or Target if they think that this would be a good move or not.