Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Really? From what I've seen of him that is surprising. Have they indicated why they think he will end up dropping a level? 

He's done nothing(through no fault of his own should I add) to suggest he is a class above league 2 at this stage. A lot of the squad have from last year-hartridge, sweeney, key, Collins, kite, Nombe, but sparkes hasn't really had the opportunity to show it with his injurys and being in and out the squad. Plus dimitri Mitchell has been a fantastic replacement

Reagan Poole has left Lincoln, 24 year old right back, former Man Utd youth. Played 45 times in the league with 2 goals and 3 assists, captained them at times too. Comments on their website suggest he wants to pursue a chance at a higher level, that’s us right? Higher level of club if not league? Probably end up at a champ club but would be a good pick up on a free. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

51 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Lewis Wing has left Wycombe. I’d be very surprised if we aren’t linked with him. He would be a very good signing - the difference in the two sides when we played them at their place. A real box to box midfielder coming into his prime years. 

Warne is a very public admirer of him too. 

Quick google has 6 championship clubs linked. 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Quick google has 6 championship clubs linked. 

I’m not too concerned, honestly, when you consider he probably gets max terms here (£12k a week) along with the size of the club and facilities. 

Hourihane would’ve had a similar number of Championship clubs last season in for him and we were in a worse position than we are now.

We can be competitive against any championship side that doesn’t have parachute payments. 

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Reagan Poole has left Lincoln, 24 year old right back, former Man Utd youth. Played 45 times in the league with 2 goals and 3 assists, captained them at times too. Comments on their website suggest he wants to pursue a chance at a higher level, that’s us right? Higher level of club if not league? Probably end up at a champ club but would be a good pick up on a free. 

Excellent shout. Lincoln fans rate him highly. Captain too. A lot of Lincoln fans are gutted he’s leaving them, similar to us about Curtis, seems a really good character and a good age. Wing would be decent too. There is plenty of talent around without breaking the bank.

We have a chairman who spent about 20% of his worth paying someone else's debt. I can't see him shelling out 1 million fees and 600k a year 4 year deals unless he gets further outside investment or the club are promoted and have 10-15 million a year in extra revenue.  Not to say we won't have a player or more on that money or signing for that amount but I suspect transfer fee/wage reduction elsewhere will need to facilitate the bulk of it in League 1.  Can also see potential cash plus player swops for a Knight or Cashin, or maybe a Polish international who would rather eat his own turds than play here.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If we're predominantly going to be playing with wing backs and he's a 'normal' RB who wants to progress his career,  isn't he more likely to go somewhere he's going play in his preferred position week in, week out?

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

If we're predominantly going to be playing with wing backs and he's a 'normal' RB who wants to progress his career,  isn't he more likely to go somewhere he's going play in his preferred position week in, week out?

🤷🏻‍♂️ Was just a suggestion in a thread about free agents after I read their retained list.
Whilst not wholly accurate transfermarkt has him down as having played at both cb and right midfield for a fair number of games this season. Maybe he’d be an option for the right side of a back 3 or having played as a right back and right sided midfielder could fit the role of a rwb capably. He’s been linked with QPR, Huddersfield and Cardiff (his hometown club) previously so as I said, may end up at a champ club.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mehmeti from Bristol City would be a shout,  Looked very good in League 1 and hasn't had much game time.  Get him in on loan for the season.

They spent £2m on him and he’s played in all but two of their games, albeit not always from the start. Definitely no chance of a loan, but they’d probably take what they paid at this point. 

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We have a chairman who spent about 20% of his worth paying someone else's debt. I can't see him shelling out 1 million fees and 600k a year 4 year deals unless he gets further outside investment or the club are promoted and have 10-15 million a year in extra revenue.  Not to say we won't have a player or more on that money or signing for that amount but I suspect transfer fee/wage reduction elsewhere will need to facilitate the bulk of it in League 1.  Can also see potential cash plus player swops for a Knight or Cashin, or maybe a Polish international who would rather eat his own turds than play here.

I presume Bielik will be off this summer. So even if we only reinvest his transfer fee and snap up some free agents there's no reason why we can't put a decent squad together. There's no need to pay stupid transfer fees at the moment.

57 minutes ago, enachops said:

Excellent shout. Lincoln fans rate him highly. Captain too. A lot of Lincoln fans are gutted he’s leaving them, similar to us about Curtis, seems a really good character and a good age. Wing would be decent too. There is plenty of talent around without breaking the bank.

An absolutely fantastic talent. My Lincoln supporting colleagues frequently rave about him. 

Derby have triggered contract extension for another year so maybe he is staying now who knows on that front.

Blieck is another kettle of fish I think sadly he will be gone in the summer I hope we can decent fee for maybe plus a player as well.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Derby have triggered contract extension for another year so maybe he is staying now who knows on that front.

Blieck is another kettle of fish I think sadly he will be gone in the summer I hope we can decent fee for maybe plus a player as well.

I'd take a couple of million. What do we think we will get for him?

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I'd take a couple of million. What do we think we will get for him?

We would be lucky to get a million for him.

He hasn't actually done anything in 4 years, apart from publicly say he didn't want to play in league 1 because of the world up, signed on loan with Brum, played well...went to world cup, played awful, returned to Brum and again was pretty bad.

If someone had the best interests of Bielik at heart they would advise him to lower his ambitions, stick with Derby, cement himself in our midfield, prove his fitness and quality and then see what happens.

If Warne wants to play his beloved back 3, I could see Bielik in the middle playing almost like the old fashioned sweeper. He's not athletic or robust enough to be in a PW midfield.

But on the money he must be on, we have to shift him. Anything close to £2m has to be taken. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Plymouth have just released a player who had 34 appearances this season- Danny Mayor.  Don't know a lot about him but thats a lot of games for a side with 100 points. Any thoughts ?

He’s off to Wrexham is the general consensus down there. He wants to move back nearer to family. He’s been a key player for them since he arrived.