Wifi at pride park

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Here to play devils advocate. Maybe people would spend less time checking their phones if the scores didn't take 10 mins to update.

Only one score matters when I'm at the match,  luckily enough,  I've still got enough marbles to remember if someone has scored. 

• 3 months later...

I’m on sky and the signal around the ground is non existent.  I reported it to sky back in May and they said they would investigate. 
They have been sending weekly texts saying it’s still being worked on and the signal remains poor. Then they say they said they had fixed it ! 
I doubt it ! 

12D969FA-8571-4A22-9C5E-C69D6A5DF0B6.jpeg

4D29371D-D913-4D5F-8030-32E06E7C89E0.jpeg

2 hours ago, jrh2254 said:

I’m on sky and the signal around the ground is non existent.  I reported it to sky back in May and they said they would investigate. 
They have been sending weekly texts saying it’s still being worked on and the signal remains poor. Then they say they said they had fixed it ! 
I doubt it ! 

12D969FA-8571-4A22-9C5E-C69D6A5DF0B6.jpeg

4D29371D-D913-4D5F-8030-32E06E7C89E0.jpeg

Not a lot Sky can do, it's the volume of people in a small area trying to connect to their 3G/4G/5G masts.

If you went down tomorrow, had someone let you in to go sit at your seat, chances are you would have full signal without any issues.

9 hours ago, David said:

Not a lot Sky can do, it's the volume of people in a small area trying to connect to their 3G/4G/5G masts.

If you went down tomorrow, had someone let you in to go sit at your seat, chances are you would have full signal without any issues.

Nothing Sky can do as they don’t have their own network, they piggyback on O2. Don’t think they officially admit it but when the network gets busy the customers of the virtual networks get marginalised in favour of the direct customers. Not perfect but a lot better since I moved from Sky to O2

4 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Leave the phone at home

If God had intended us to leave them at home, She wouldn't have invented the word "Mobile"!  👀

We're not all glued to facebook throughout the game.  A quick check on the starting line up, and the HT scores would do me.

... Plus, they can be a lifeline for some folk, when stuff happens that renders the footy insignificant.  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If God had intended us to leave them at home, She wouldn't have invented the word "Mobile"!  👀

We're not all glued to facebook throughout the game.  A quick check on the starting line up, and the HT scores would do me.

... Plus, they can be a lifeline for some folk, when stuff happens that renders the footy insignificant.  

I think there's 2 things I check, and that's scores and the accumulator. Doesn't help the scoreboard shows scores at half time in font so small it's impossible to read from the South Stand.

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have you seen my phone

image.thumb.png.f1c0febecb3f5fbe32194f85d6088180.png

On 08/03/2023 at 11:29, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

I always struggle to get a mobile signal at pride park so I can't check on scores as the game is happening. I understand the technical reasons and the limitation of a mobile network. What would be great is if Derby county could provide a free WiFi connection for supporters in the stadium. Would anyone know who you could approach in the club to ask about this. I know it wouldn't be cheap to set this up for 30,000 supporters and maybe it is just a perk for season ticket holders but I'm sure most people have the same problem.

If checking everyone else's scores is that important to you then surely you'd be better off staying at home watching Soccer Saturday?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

If checking everyone else's scores is that important to you then surely you'd be better off staying at home watching Soccer Saturday?

That's a bit harsh.
Being able to check on HT scores may be a nice little bonus for some on a matchday. Something akin to "In an ideal world..."
As might being able to log on to this forum before going through the turnstiles at 14:48, or pop into Greggs for a nice salad baguette. 
Assuming the ice-cream van at my end is the only one at the stadium (🤷‍♂️), maybe the South Standers would also like the opportunity to grab a HT cornet with flake and green juice at HT, and sit on a grass bank in the sunshine?
Whilst the above... and many other "nice things" wouldn't look out of place in "an ideal world", I doubt the lack of any of them would be enough to stop regular match-goers from attending?