Gigs at Pride Park

Poynton ram

Just reading Kings of Leon are playing 2 nights at Wrexham Fc and Muse are playing at Home Park Plymouth and the John Smiths stadium Huddz. Do these gigs make much money for the club? Can’t remember the last gig at PO, maybe the Chilli Peppers?

We were told that the concerts struggled to break even at PP.  Morris’s vision of a system to lay temporary flooring on the pitch between games never came to fruition.  Even though he said the machine had been developed, coupled with the inflation system for a new roof, it happened.

I suspect it was all pie in the sky as nobodies offered the system to other clubs to lay and remove flooring in about 8 hours.

5 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Just reading Kings of Leon are playing 2 nights at Wrexham Fc and Muse are playing at Home Park Plymouth and the John Smiths stadium Huddz. Do these gigs make much money for the club? Can’t remember the last gig at PO, maybe the Chilli Peppers?

I think there has been 2 gigs at PP. There was Rod Stewart, which I think went quite well and encouraged the club to try again. Then there was the Chilli Peppers that I think failed to sell out and the club lost quite a lot of money on.

And so that was that.