Pre Match Parking and a Beer

Arsene Titman

I’m hearing that my usual go to establishment for pre match car parking and a beer is closed and will be housing asylum seekers. Is the Station Inn on Midland Road open for business these days? Any suggestions gratefully received. A free , or cheap,parking venue combined with access to a beer would be ideal, if highly unlikely.

Edited by Arsene Titman

13 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I’m hearing that my usual go to establishment for pre match car parking and a beer is closed and will be housing asylum seekers. Is the Station Inn on Midland Road open for business these days? Any suggestions gratefully received. A free , or cheap,parking venue combined with access to a beer would be ideal, if highly unlikely.

Don’t drink and drive. 

12 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Very helpful. I drive to the hotel,have one pint of lager  at 2p.m. and walk to the ground at 2.30. I watch the game, including having a half time coffee, walk back to my car and drive home. 

It's open, but it's a designated away pub. 

Get the NCP app, park in either their Siddals Road or Liversage Street car park (it'll be less than a fiver for 2-6pm) have a pint at the Alex, walk to the stadium in about 20 minutes. After the game, you can get out onto London Road and away very easily. 

Edited by Crewton

3 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

The Smithfield has a car park and beer.

£3 I believe.

It can get very busy and there's a small chance of you having to wait for others to leave before you can, but I've never witnessed any issues.

Thanks to you all ( apart from Pistold Pete, obviously)for taking the trouble to respond. For info, I was parking and having a beer at the Aston Court Hotel pre match but that is now to be filled up with asylum seekers. Adjacent hotels the Midland and the Station (formerly the European ) are also housing asylum seekers. Parking wise,  I can park between 5pm and 8a.m. at the former D.R.I. for £2 so that covers night matches. Otherwise it’s £4.70 for 4 hours at other times of day.