Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just seen a article on Sky Sports Formula1 page saying that there could be a swap with Hamilton going to Ferrari and Leclerc going to Mercedes. Would be interesting if it happened. 

Very interesting if that were to actually happen. A Charles v Georgey boy pairing could be very good but they would both want to be no1 and probably fall out a bit over it.

Lewis going to Ferrari I think would be a nice swan song but I very much doubt it'd bring him a championship. If it could, leclerc would be the one Ferrari want to get it.

Ultimately I think Lewis more likely retire if Merc can't either deliver a championship car and/or match his wage demands.

TBF, the move makes more sense for mercedes to tempt leclerc than Ferrari picking up Lewis. Although if I were Ferrari and leclerc left I'd perhaps look at Norris who I'm sure isn't loving that McLaren.

19 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Very interesting if that were to actually happen. A Charles v Georgey boy pairing could be very good but they would both want to be no1 and probably fall out a bit over it.

Lewis going to Ferrari I think would be a nice swan song but I very much doubt it'd bring him a championship. If it could, leclerc would be the one Ferrari want to get it.

Ultimately I think Lewis more likely retire if Merc can't either deliver a championship car and/or match his wage demands.

TBF, the move makes more sense for mercedes to tempt leclerc than Ferrari picking up Lewis. Although if I were Ferrari and leclerc left I'd perhaps look at Norris who I'm sure isn't loving that McLaren.

Yes I would agree with you there RadioactiveWaste. 

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd love to see Norris get in a car capable of consistent podiums. 

I really hope he's not gonna be a driver who's time passed by and other young promising drivers come along and get their chance. 

Feel a bit sick if he was Perez future replacement though

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Time for the worst race on the calendar. Joke that we still race it every year. I was looking forward to seeing the B spec merc at Imola with the prospect of some racing, hopefully we get to see it look good in qualifying at the least. Spain is the next proper race to look forward to.

I on the other hand love Monaco. I totally understand why a lot of people hate it or just don't bother and yes, as a competition it's less than ideal.

I still just like it and I always have.

As long as someone agrees to take "ruin Max's lap" bullet (Charles? It is quick walk home after the barrier after all) in qualifying, of course.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Time for the worst race on the calendar. Joke that we still race it every year. I was looking forward to seeing the B spec merc at Imola with the prospect of some racing, hopefully we get to see it look good in qualifying at the least. Spain is the next proper race to look forward to.

Stays on the calendar mainly because Monaco is where the movers and shakers financing F1 want to be seen. 

The teams do more of their business there than anywhere else, maybe Miami will threaten that soon enough. 

It would be a great race if they put them all in 250cc go karts.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I on the other hand love Monaco. I totally understand why a lot of people hate it or just don't bother and yes, as a competition it's less than ideal.

I still just like it and I always have.

As long as someone agrees to take "ruin Max's lap" bullet (Charles? It is quick walk home after the barrier after all) in qualifying, of course.

As a track it would be interesting if the cars were smaller. As is, we might as well just do qualifying and not bother with the actual grand prix because the cars are far too big to overtake. As a rule, I don't massively love street circuits. I much prefer watching the racing at proper race tracks. 

Went to the Bennet's Superbikes Sunday. First time at a live meeting.

Expecting quite a bit of excitement after seeing TV highlights. What a bore!

Every race just became a procession apart from a junior race which was a bit closer, but where some youngster nearly got killed on the last corner. 

More fun watching the planes land eating my £5 Ice cream.

9 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Went to the Bennet's Superbikes Sunday. First time at a live meeting.

Expecting quite a bit of excitement after seeing TV highlights. What a bore!

Every race just became a procession apart from a junior race which was a bit closer, but where some youngster nearly got killed on the last corner. 

More fun watching the planes land eating my £5 Ice cream.

BSB not been the most exciting this season tbh. Where did you watch it from?

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

BSB not been the most exciting this season tbh. Where did you watch it from?

Various places as been years since I went to Donnington so wandered about between races.

End of Pit Straight

Cramer(?) curves -Nice long view from bank but not much happened.

Hairpin near  start of Pit Straight

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Various places as been years since I went to Donnington so wandered about between races.

End of Pit Straight

Cramer(?) curves -Nice long view from bank but not much happened.

Hairpin near  start of Pit Straight

Possibly controversial, but I do think a lot of motorsport is generally way better on the telly than on the track. Typically over 120 fixed cams are used in an F1 race, then you've got the onboards, the headcams, the helicopters, the drones... You can't beat it as a viewing spectacle IMO.

I'd still do days at Silverstone, Monza, Spa and the like. Interlagos would be an absolute blast, I'm pretty certain of that and I've a loose plan to go in 2024 or the following year.