Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

Let's be honest, Max's hissy fits are about the most interesting thing on show this year and I thought today's was an absolute doozy. Probably the best since the epic flounce-off with Ocon after the latter had Verstappen'd him mid-race in a season where Verstappen seemed to t-bone someone every other start.

I especially loved the way when he marched over to remonstrate, Russell just swats him away telling him to get over it, then Max waits until Russell is walking away to tell him he's going to shunt him next time and to call him a dhead. I thought that was a proper, old-school, playground fight move, really well executed too and you could tell by Russell's demeanour that he was absolutely kecking it 🥱

How is Max not seeing the irony in him complaining about something he used to do to Lewis in EVERY GP. Russell had every right to fight that, it was just a racing incident. Max is just a t***. He'd have no issues doing the same to Russell but moans bitterly when he gets a taste of his own medicine. Well done to George for not backing down. We need the Mercs to catch up to Redbull because Max will lose his rag majorly if he has to race against two excellent drivers every week.

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He can 🙂 and did 😄

That'll be Jos, Horner, Marko, Max all forming an investigation team into how to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Much talk about the SC and of course that aided his cause, but the way he closed on Verstappen in the laps prior to that told a story. Checo is, for me, one of the few genuinely good guys in F1, so it's great to see him dust Max from a restart like he did today. Verstappen for the second time already this season simply could not live with the Mexican and he might be regretting that BS he pulled in the Sao Paulo Grand Prix now. 

EDIT: Quick check reveals Checo now only 6 points behind Verstappen. G'warn Checo lad! 😋

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Well, of all the great shows and films to come out of Miami, Scarface, Miami 5-0, the Golden Girls and so on, there is nothing to compare with the Miami Grand Prix!

OK, that's probably over selling a glorified go kart race around a stadium car park, but, I've got to try.

Will Verstappen fight back after a poor weekend in Baku? (probably), will Perez's title challenge go a bit Bottas (probably), will Alonso give us a classic Alonso moment? (hopefully), are Alpine going to suck less? are the Williams marketing department going to lean in to Logan being american as hard as they can? (yes, obvs)...all this and more from the race in a car park with a painted marina.

Oh there's also a formula e race this weekend (De Vries is big in FE you know)

I know Georgy boy doesn't really have the "man of the people" air of some drivers, but I think in concluding the max verstappen tizzy at him in Baku was "a little bit pathetic" he strikes a chord with anyone and everyone who saw the incident.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/george-russell-doubles-down-pathetic-max-verstappen-rant/

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I know Georgy boy doesn't really have the "man of the people" air of some drivers, but I think in concluding the max verstappen tizzy at him in Baku was "a little bit pathetic" he strikes a chord with anyone and everyone who saw the incident.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/george-russell-doubles-down-pathetic-max-verstappen-rant/

It's great entertainment though 😂

I'm sure you all know, but just in case... Hammy unusually bullish about the Mercedes upgrade package for Imola. The team will be introducing a new front suspension, the aero upgrade that comes with it and a new floor. Wolff talking it down a little, Hammy certainly not. Could this breathe some much need competition into this season's F1? Sadly, Red Bull also have upgrades due for the same race, so it could be that Merc are chasing shadows. Let's hope not!

As for tomorrow, C'MON CHECO!!! Another street circuit, though one Verstropon has performed well at, but you'd think it's a racing certainty that there'll be safety car(s) deployed, so some luck will be required. Add to that the fact that Checo is a street circuit demon and the fact that his dominant drives at the last two will surely have given the Dutch crybaby something to think about. He's not used to competition within from the RBR #2 driver and another win for Checo would certainly chuck the cat amongst the pigeons. 

I know, but you'd love to see it, right? 😄

I think we'd all love to see another strong weekend from Perez, and it is cinco de mayo.

How the upggrades pan out is going to be interesting, although i fear the other teams won't make up enough to be a threat to red bull unless that merc one really unlocks something, but that seems a long shot.

I suspect upgrades will see ferrari overhaul Aston (the team formerly known as "tracing point").