Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's being saved by  just how piss easy this season is for Max. The fact rbr are going to wrap up both titles again without much fuss means as long as he sorts out qualifying he'll stay til the end of the season, but I strongly suspect they'll boot him before next season.

Who do you think would get the seat if Perez got binned? 

Surely the ship has sailed for Danny Ric

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Who do you think would get the seat if Perez got binned? 

Surely the ship has sailed for Danny Ric

Won't be Danny ric, he's only there to do the pr stuff max doesn't want to do. I can't see them trusting tsunoda at all.

Availability wise it could be difficult to get anyone good without a contract buyout but bringing back Albon is one, possibly Sainz if Charlie leclerc really doesn't want him as team mate at Ferrari. A Lando buyout would be exciting but expensive. Red bull will never trust Gasly with the seat now, they'd be more likely to bring back Danny kyvatt than give Pierre another go.

Well, it wa exciting for a lap and a half at the start, then after the safety car as long you forget the max is cruising off at the front because that's just what it is.

So terrific from both McLaren drivers and so happy to have Lando and Lewis on the podium.

And good job from Alex Albon who I suspect is auditioning for a red bull return at the moment.

Terrible job by Ferrari.

Baby stroll ramming Gasly out of the race was pretty amateur.

Haas flambe basically saved the race as entertainment.

The team formerly known as Renault....wow, that sucked.

Bit dull for what we were expecting wasn't it? 

Good result probably masking what was about 47 laps of traffic. 

Still keeps the season exciting though if McLaren join the fight for who gets to see Max cross the line first. 

Tensions seem high at Ferrari. 

Oh, we have to pretend Perez did a great recovery drive when let's be honest it was probably the minimum expected of him. 

The wait goes on for Lando, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Bit dull for what we were expecting wasn't it? 

Good result probably masking what was about 47 laps of traffic. 

Still keeps the season exciting though if McLaren join the fight for who gets to see Max cross the line first. 

Tensions seem high at Ferrari. 

Oh, we have to pretend Perez did a great recovery drive when let's be honest it was probably the minimum expected of him. 

The wait goes on for Lando, sadly. 

I'm becoming convinced Perez is getting dropped at the end of this season unless he's qualifying and getting podiums consistently in the second half of the season. It's good for him max is so dominant because red bull are easily winning both championships there's less urgency on his poor form.

My sneaky prediction is they bring back Alex Albon - he's much better driver now than he was when in that red bull and Karen likes him and pushed hard to get him in the Williams drive. That and I'm convinced Danny is washed, and they're not going to buyout a big name.

Some low key F1 interest today as pirelli are testing next year's tyres and the honey badger is getting a go in the red bull car. This could determine if he's been too ravaged by Lando and McLaren and going to be culled, or, if he's going to take over Nyck de Vries' job of making Tsunoda look awesome.

There's plenty of Danny Ricciardo stans who'd put him in the car ahead of Perez right now but it's been some time since he's been that convincing. Obviously, Perez has been sucking pretty hard recently but he's done that in patches each season at red bull and figured out the upgrades in the end.

Fortunately for Ricciardo, he doesn't have to rinse Perez in this test, just prove to Karen and Marko that he sucks less than Nyck De Vries....and if he can't clear that low bar he's well and truly washed.

I think the bet on the Honey badger being in the Alpha tauri by the end of the summer is a pretty good one though.

Max wanting Danny back will probably help his cause.

Reports are being made that Mad Marko's Pressure Cooker has burnt yet another driver with Nyck De Vries to be given the traditional Red bull "I don't recall saying good luck" exit and Danny Ricciardo will be in the Alpha tauri from Hungary onwards.

It's not been confirmed yet, but, I'm inclined to believe it.

It's of course interesting to Marko in particular as it will potentially give him fuel to burn both Yuki Tsunoda if he doesn't Lando Norris the ol' honey badger and Checo, who, let's face it, hasn't been doing the business for some time now.

And we know Dr Marko gets his rocks off on ending drivers careers.

But for Danny, the future looks full of hope again, as he can battle with Bottas and try to stay on the pace of his team mate once again.

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Reports are being made that Mad Marko's Pressure Cooker has burnt yet another driver with Nyck De Vries to be given the traditional Red bull "I don't recall saying good luck" exit and Danny Ricciardo will be in the Alpha tauri from Hungary onwards.

It's of course interesting to Marko in particular as it will potentially give him fuel to burn both Yuki Tsunoda if he doesn't Lando Norris the ol' honey badger and Checo, who, let's face it, hasn't been doing the business for some time now.

But for Danny, the future looks full of hope again, as he can battle with Bottas and try to stay on the pace of his team mate once again.

All over Twatter now - it's happening...

On 11/07/2023 at 15:16, RadioactiveWaste said:

So happy to see Daniel Ricciardo driving in Formula1 again. I would love to see him drive for Red Bull next season but it will be interesting how he does against Yuki Tsunoda at Alpha Tauri. 

1 minute ago, ziggyram59 said:

So happy to see Daniel Ricciardo driving in Formula1 again. I would love to see him drive for Red Bull next season but it will be interesting how he does against Yuki Tsunoda at Alpha Tauri. 

I think this move probably ends Albon's chances of getting back into the red bull outfit, although he is making his case to he driving for a better team than Williams.

I think if he's consistently beating Tsunoda he also needs Perez to fluff being P2 in the championship, I don't think he'll get it just by doing well in the AT,but the warning shot to Checo has very clearly been sent.

I guess the headache is what if Danny does ok, Checo sorts himself out and Tsunoda can argue he's matching Danny Ric and there's not a clear case for who gets the seat (my guess is they'd give it Danny for Netflix reasons).

There's obviously little downside for red bull in doing this and having the honey badger back is good for the sport. I can't see him drowning like he did at McLaren against Tsunoda but Yuki has talent and is finally starting to grow up a bit - I'm almost more interested in seeing how Yuki does than Riccardo because he was just about on par with Gasly by the end of last year but it's hard to tell how good he's been against NDV and how much is the AT being turd.

I just hope this doesn't end up with one of Riccardo or Perez blocking Liam Lawson and Iwasa for getting a shot in the AT (or whatever they change the name to)

With no F1, motoGP on summer holidays and no British touring cars, your driving round in circles entertainment this week can be GT racing from missano (GT world challenge Europe) or Formula E from Rome with Saturday and Sunday races. Both of these are live on the YouTubes

There's also the Goodwood festival of speed, again, available on YouTube.

Or for something slightly slower than Nyck De Vries, the tour de France rumbles on.

Ok, so it's not real but Verstappen has shown his mentality in eSports again. This is the second time in a short space and rumours were he could be facing a suspension again. 

He basically got nudged at the end of a straight and that sent him into his teammate who spun. 

So Verstappen catches up to the guy and rams him straight off into the barrier. 

Yeah, it's just a video game. But to Verstappen and the guys who compete they take it very very seriously. And Verstappen actually does crack under pressure here where there's guys as fast as him. 

Just thought it was interesting that it's easy to think he's grown up while he cruises around in F1. But in eSports where he has been seriously pushing he has his meltdowns. He's spend 50 hours per week racing eSports. Like I said, it's not just a game to these guys. Some are real racers. Some become racers. 

Possibly means nothing. Probably means he's not grown up at all. 

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ok, so it's not real but Verstappen has shown his mentality in eSports again. This is the second time in a short space and rumours were he could be facing a suspension again. 

He basically got nudged at the end of a straight and that sent him into his teammate who spun. 

Yeah, it's just a video game. But to Verstappen and the guys who compete they take it very very seriously. And Verstappen actually does crack under pressure here where there's guys as fast as him. 

Just thought it was interesting that it's easy to think he's grown up while he cruises around in F1. But in eSports where he has been seriously pushing he has his meltdowns. He's spend 50 hours per week racing eSports. Like I said, it's not just a game to these guys. Some are real racers. Some become racers. 

I'm inclined to write off for the most part "it's a video game" but, it's true that it's easy to be the gentleman when your winning everything - I bet once Max has some real competition again he's not going to play nice.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

Got a link? Sure it's good for a chuckle as Max's hissy-strops are typically pretty hilarious. 

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Got a link? Sure it's good for a chuckle as Max's hissy-strops are typically pretty hilarious. 

I can't find the one from Verstappen's perspective. He hits the steering wheel or something. 

But like i said, these guys are serious eSports racers and there's no "just a game" when they get to this level. Theirs money in it as well as chances to get in real GT cars

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just watched the Checo horror show, this is not going to end very well...

Shame, but he really can't handle the pressure - the more Max wins, the more the pressure and the more mistakes he makes. He's a talented driver, but he's out at RB unless he seriously ups his game...