Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

Well, the rain made for an entertaining sprint race for once.

It even started with Perez jumping ahead of Max at the start..ok, didn't last but for about 10 seconds it was interesting.

More Albon heroics until he got called in for dry tyres which didn't really work for anyone who did as the race was too short to make it back up.

I'm getting quite irritated with Alonso not overtaking the kid of the team owner, that's not the Alonso we all know and love. C'mon Fernando, no kid gloves woth baby stroll no more, give him the El Fuego Grande you traditionally give your team mates.

Hope they don't change Spa off the back of this tragic accident. I'd blame the conditions more than Spa. 

Spa is my favourite and Eau Rouge is one of the best sights in any Motorsport. 

Watching McLaren trophy races there in the week and to see the time drivers gain/lose there was what brought close racing. 

Lance Stroll doesn't like it. But I'm sorry it's easily one of the most exhilarating parts of one of the most exhilarating tracks in many fans opinions, no? 

Bad weather can be deadly anywhere

36 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hope they don't change Spa off the back of this tragic accident. I'd blame the conditions more than Spa. 

Spa is my favourite and Eau Rouge is one of the best sights in any Motorsport. 

Watching McLaren trophy races there in the week and to see the time drivers gain/lose there was what brought close racing. 

Lance Stroll doesn't like it. But I'm sorry it's easily one of the most exhilarating parts of one of the most exhilarating tracks in many fans opinions, no? 

Bad weather can be deadly anywhere

I've not seen the footage of the incident and I probably won't.

Motorsports are dangerous - it says so on every ticket and anyone who ever gets in any vehicle to race it also knows this.

The question of what is acceptable risk and what is as low as reasonably practicable is always a case of judgment. I share your fear that two such incidents resulting death will either result in spa being removed from the calendar or that glorious section of track becoming yet another tin-pot low speed chicane.

Yet everyone seems OK with that track in Saudi ($) even though it blatently is a bad accident waiting to happen.

...and the inevitable happened, Max won, fastest lap, although there were a handfull of laps he didn't actually lead due to pit stops.

Still Ferrai didn't ferrari too hard and got P2 and P4, Perez looked like he'd got the memo after all and finished P3.

Behind them Lando had a good race, Fernando did good, the mercs were a bit pap, gasley and diddy stroll got the last points, Albon had a good drive, oh and everybody got penalties for track limits. You know what's fix it? putting a wall around the edge of turns 9 and 10.

Appeal from Aston Martin - it seems there was a clear discrepancy in the number of penalties applied compared to a larger number of lap times that were deleted. Final classification almost certain to change following the full review that’s under way….

I’m getting thoroughly sick of the racing being secondary to the application of the regulations and associated ‘penalties’ - and particularly when they impact the final result of the race - the authorities have to find a better way of letting the drivers race without constantly interfering. This weekend the track limits issues have completely overshadowed the qualifying and the races - it’s like VAR - and it’s taking the joy out of the sport….

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I should be doing a look ahead to the British Grand Prix,

so, Max yadda yadda.

Hopefully more entertaining things happen behind him.

RadioactiveWaste I usually look froward to the British Grand Prix but with Lewis struggling in the Mercedes and the fact Verstappen will bore people to death winning I'm going to give it a miss for the 1st time in over 40 years. Hope you enjoy my friend. 

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

RadioactiveWaste I usually look froward to the British Grand Prix but with Lewis struggling in the Mercedes and the fact Verstappen will bore people to death winning I'm going to give it a miss for the 1st time in over 40 years. Hope you enjoy my friend. 

I'll do my best.

I'll be honest, it's not that it's Max and Red bull that's turning people off, so much as we ended the Lewis/Mercedes domination in such a fantastic season in 2021 that I don't think anyone is ready for another stretch one driver/car being so dominant. At least between the Scumacher years and the Vettel years we had a few interesting seasons.

It would be slightly more interesting if Perez was at least a speck in Verstappen's mirrors. 

Every time Max does anything wrong he's got nobody to apply pressure. On track he has half a lap cushion and in the championship he's got enough of a cushion to sit out all the wet races for a nice Carribbean break

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

I really pray the McLarens have decent race pace. Would love to see Max bin it. 

Alex Albon is possessed. What a season. 

Perez can't go on like this. Even his recovery drives aren't exactly mind blowing considering the machinery. 

He's being saved by  just how piss easy this season is for Max. The fact rbr are going to wrap up both titles again without much fuss means as long as he sorts out qualifying he'll stay til the end of the season, but I strongly suspect they'll boot him before next season.

On 08/07/2023 at 08:26, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll do my best.

I'll be honest, it's not that it's Max and Red bull that's turning people off, so much as we ended the Lewis/Mercedes domination in such a fantastic season in 2021 that I don't think anyone is ready for another stretch one driver/car being so dominant. At least between the Scumacher years and the Vettel years we had a few interesting seasons.

I'm going to watch the cricket today for my sins hopefully the rain might hold off and we can make a game of it. Might dip in and out of F! just to see how it's going. Enjoy.