Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

Question for the Max haters / Lewis fanboys in here (seems to be pretty much everyone by the looks of it, no offence it just seems very anti-Verstappen in here):

Did you all hate Mercedes 2014-2020 dominance as much as you hate this Red Bull dominance? Or is it only because it's someone you don't like?

Edited by Jubbs

24 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Question for the Max haters / Lewis fanboys in here (seems to be pretty much everyone by the looks of it, no offence it just seems very anti-Verstappen in here):

Did you all hate Mercedes 2014-2020 dominance as much as you hate this Red Bull dominance? Or is it only because it's someone you don't like?

I got real board of the mercedes years.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Hated it less because I like Lewis more than Max/Horner

But you need two teams to tango otherwise it's even less exciting than who's gonna win the PL hype every football season. 

Max first world title was exciting. Last year was just boring and this year is gonna be even worse. He'll win em all unless something out of his control stops him. With his talent and that car I don't think he'll even break a sweat. 

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Mercedes let their drivers race each other though, it's more Karen than Max i really dislike.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Hated it less because I like Lewis more than Max/Horner

But you need two teams to tango otherwise it's even less exciting than who's gonna win the PL hype every football season. 

Max first world title was exciting. Last year was just boring and this year is gonna be even worse. He'll win em all unless something out of his control stops him. With his talent and that car I don't think he'll even break a sweat. 

Same for me really. Whatever you make of events surrounding Max's first win, and whoever you support, it was undeniably exciting because it was close. Last weekend Max starts in 15th and strolled (see what I did there) back into 2nd without ever really needing to do much more than point the car down the track and he was ultimately only thwarted by another unbelievably quick Red Bull. Even after the safety car they just drove off into the distance. The gulf is absolutely vast at the moment and it's just not that entertaining for anyone who isn't a Verstappen devotee.

Is this different from another team dominating ? No, clearly not, but whoever our favourite drivers and teams are I'm assuming that we can probably all agree that we'd like to actually see some properly competitive racing occasionally. Unfortunately we've just swapped one period of complete dominance for another. I don't even mind if it isn't Lewis and Mercedes, I'd just like to see a real battle at the front not this current procession. God knows what Ferrari are up to...

6 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Hamilton is the British driver, and is significantly more likeable than Verstappen. It's not a surprise that people hate Verstappen here. 

2014-2016 Mercedes had Hamilton competing with Rosberg and in 2016 actually had an interesting title fight. Then we had a few years of Ferrari competing. It wasn't like we didn't see any title fights in that time. 

Checo is not good enough to compete with Verstappen, and that car is a second faster than the next quickest team. It guarantees a pretty rubbish year of racing, and with the budget cap, the advantage is now baked in. 

I'll put it this way, I was Schumacher hater at the time. Looking back, i don't love him but I respect him. I loved young Lewis but got board when it was too dominant and barely watched. I wanted Nico to win 2016 just for the drama aspect. I'm seen penty of Lewis haters and I get it because I was a Schumacher hater.

Hating on Horner, TBH it's just fun to do and I think he loves it anyway.

Max, I respect but don't love, but I have questioned some of his driving, and I will be fair and say since the 21 season he has matured a lot, i think winning his first WDC has helped him in that respect.

I think the main problem was the blow up after Siverstone 21, and, whilst not wanting to get too much into it, the crash was Lewis at fault. What followed was a series of escalating unfortunate attitudes and events, particually on social media. That seemed to polarise a lot of opinion and the Abu Dhabi "events" did nothing to settle that.

Of the current and upcoming generation of drivers, I think Max is the most likely to end his career with many championships and probably all sorts of records, but I think it's Charles Leclerc that I'll end up loving more. Georgey boy is seemingly the real deal and Lando just hans't got a car to fight with right now.

Well, some Motorsport things happend and are about to happen.

First up, MotoGP kicked off this weekend just gone, highlights are available on the itv website.

Secondly, McLaren fired James Key, who had done good work on the McLaren revival but has carried the can for the shi-box this year's car is.

There was a formula e race but I've not caught up with it.

Lastly Porsche have given up on F1 for now. Seems red bull racing didn't want to play and no one else was going to be a good fit, and vw group got the Sauberaudi-romeo team anyway.

Oh and nelson piqet got fibed for racist comments he made a couple of years ago. I don't want to get into the ins and outs, sufficient to say, he's never been a particularly nice piece of work even going back to his racing days.

But looking forward,

It's the Australian grand Prix from Melbourne this weekend.

With limited updates as of yet for most of the teams, it's probably a dull red bull scamper off in the distance and make sure Perez is told just where he stands after daring to not be beaten in the last race.

However,there will likely be some fun from magic Alonso, Ferrari being Ferrari, will we get the combustible Frenchmen in the combustible french team at last, will the mercedes be less poop, oh and, will McLaren at least get the being a racing team part right even if the car is not good?

To make up for the F1 likely being dull, lose 2 of your wheels because MotoGP are having another race, in Argentina this time.

"I always think his job is very difficult" 

I mean there's a rulebook and a million cameras. Is it very difficult? 

Imagine being a race director for Formula 1. Right nightmare. God, we all have it so easy. You're all out there with your minimum wage, maximum hours. Crying that you have so much to juggle. Spare a thought for this guy. You've got all these cars racing around the track and the suddenly one crashes or breaks down! Now everyone looks to you for answers and all you have is every inch of the track covered by at least one camera and a Tome containing precise procedures to follow for every eventuality. 

And here's you whining because you're a single parent juggling two jobs while selling a kidney to pay for this month's electric and gas. 

Masi bungled in a position he should never have been in. There was a track record of ineptitude on his part long before the Abu Dhabi evets.

The replacment rade direction has, if anything, shown that the FIA is committed to having inept decision making.

The only advice I have for Masi at this point, is don't hang around the Red Bull hospitality, I know they'd at least be pleased to see him, but it'd be a baaaaad look.

Free practice, well, that cars that are fast are still fast, the cars suck still suck and it rained so no one knows exactly by how much.

I used to love the early morning grand prixs from far away places but I think i'll sleet through this one even if I get up for it.

Although, to be fair to the FIA, immitation is the most sinceer for of flattery and the FIM managed to cause a stir after last weeks MotoGP, where Marc Marquez took out Oliveria and had a 2 long lap penalty "to be served at the Argentina round" except, Marc isn't going to ride in Argentina because he injured himself in the crash.

After much whinging, they reveresed themselves to say "oh it means the next race he's actually in" to which Honda are now appealing "that's not what you said before" - the FIA would be proud of their 2 wheeled brothers.