Wilko Johnson passes

GB SPORTS

That's a sad one, but also we should remember he certainly got - and took advantage of - an extended relapse from what he was told was an almost certain early demise a few years back.

But that prowling, that stare, that posture - he was more punk, more indie, more new wave than many who came after him.

Might go watch Oil City Confidential tonight now.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Sad news, but a minor miracle that he survived Pancreatic Cancer and lived a good few years afterwards. 

One of those icons of popular music that won't be forgotten I'm sure. RIP Wilko.

Reading up he was misdiagnosed with Pancreatic cancer which is usually a killer and had another benign cancer. 
sad loss a great guitarist and character. 

39 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Reading up he was misdiagnosed with Pancreatic cancer which is usually a killer and had another benign cancer. 
sad loss a great guitarist and character. 

I didn't know that. I read an interview with him just after he'd announced he'd been saved by a "miracle cure". 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

I didn't know that. I read an interview with him just after he'd announced he'd been saved by a "miracle cure". 

I read his "last interview" in an old Uncut I was catching up on. Looked him up to see when he died and discovered he was alive and kicking. Sad to see him go for real now.