Squad Rotation this month

DerbyRevolution

Morecombe - League One

Torquay - FA Cup Round 1

Liverpool - Carabao Cup Round 3

MK Dons - League One

Portsmouth - League One

What will Warne do with the next 5?

I think its fair to assume Torquay will be as weak as we can put out.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Liverpool and MK Dons, and how much he wants to keep players fresh for the league.

Will/should a sold out away end at Anfield make him go stronger than he would ideally like to?

He's certainly going to find out a lot about his whole squad this month on and off the pitch.

50 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Cups dont mean anything i agree with srg play under 18s or players coming back from injuries 

Total agreement.  Need to focus on league.  We don't have the depth for anything else, so whilst I'd like to give Liverpool a good game, probably does us no harm to go out.

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Yep I would put out fringe players in both cup games and refresh the first team players ready for the league.

So we can draw at MK Dons and lose at Portsmouth? 

We’re not consistently winning games so I don’t see the point in resting them for both cup games, and fans are paying good money to go to those matches 

In reality I think he will mix it up. Get some minutes into fringe players with a few first teamers starting and on the bench, not sure how Warne plays these games but maybe with Liverpool 3 days after the Torquay game he might rest a few to play a stronger team v Liverpool?

Tricky one.

Torquay and the win prize money looks the easier of the two cup games obviously.

Liverpool are out of the title race, winning the cups is what they have left so why risk the banana skin that we will be.

You can't go to Anfield, sold out away end and not put out a full strength team, the fans want it, the players will want to play at Anfield and the staff will want to get a result on the big stage.

The annoying thing is we have the quicker turn around for the MK Dons game. 

Think we'll see a bit of a mix mash team for Torquay, the likes of Thompson, Rooney, Robinson and Loach starting with NML, Dobbin, Collins playing an hour.

Is the chance to progress in the Cup and the potential to draw a big club with  associated gate receipts and tv revenue something that a club in our circumstances can be dismissive of? It may not be just a matter of putting money in the bank, if our future spending could be linked to turnover then a good cup run would have an impact going forward

Looking at the ticket sales on Liverpool side, they're nearing a sell out themselves and it's still to hit general sale. Each club takes 45% of the ticket sales, adult tickets range from £15 to £25. Even allowing an average of £15 a ticket and their 54k capacity, it gives Derby around £350k in "bonus" revenue for this cup run. Allowing the rumoured £8.5k a week wage cap and various performance bonuses, that comfortably pays for 6 months of a top player.

Torquay  - Stearman, Rooney, Oduroh, Tommo & Osula to play. Cashin to play too as he's suspended for MK

Liverpool - As close to full strength as possible 

MK- Curtis nearly back? if not Stears at the back with Fozzy. Hourihane back in CM. maybe see Sibley CAM if McGoldrick is tired 

On 01/11/2022 at 22:27, Yani P said:

In reality I think he will mix it up. Get some minutes into fringe players with a few first teamers starting and on the bench, not sure how Warne plays these games but maybe with Liverpool 3 days after the Torquay game he might rest a few to play a stronger team v Liverpool?

Yes. I think we’ll see lots of early subs. A compromise