Could lang play upfront

B4ev6is

Hey just a throught we are okay at home but away from home could perhaps play lang upfront his pace and power could scare defenders to death not knowing what he going try next. He could play in a two eathier mcgoldrick or collions or even young Everton or young striker from shiffield Wednesday love to see this in a game at some point.

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What do you guys think

I think Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is a winger and is doing just fine there mate .

I didn’t like Dobbin on the wing at Lincoln (and he could play the main striker role  )and I certainly didn’t like Knight at RB .( He is a midfielder IMO )

Yesterday against Wycombe the team looked better balanced and I think Liam is to be praised for changing the formation and it’s good to play in different ways as to make the opposition think !

We need to be a team that is solid at the back with a midfield that is also solid and it was brilliant to see the Irish lads flourish.

Collins was good when he came on and the whole team started functioning.

I am worried about Max at the minute he seems to have lost confidence but I’m sure he will be back to his best if Liam gets the team balance  right .

I could have posted this in lots of threads .

Up the Rams the future looks bright .

PS Liam Rosenior has restored my faith in him .

He proved yesterday he’s flexible and adaptable.

Edited by Curtains
Spelling and altered

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I didn’t like Dobbin on the wing at Lincoln (and he could play the main striker role  )and I certainly didn’t like Knight at RB .

Yesterday against Wycombe the team looked better balanced and I think Liam is to be praised for changing the formation and it’s good to play in different ways as to make the opposition think !

We need to be a team that is solid at the back with a midfield that is also solid and it was brilliant to see the Irish lads flourish.

I am worried about Max at the minute he seems to have lost confidence but I’m sure he will be back to his best if Liam gets the team balance  right .

Up the Rams the future looks bright 

May way thinking was when struggling get in and around the back of opposition with pang pace and power could split defences in half. 

Like when trying long kick with not many wycombe players around at the time could down otherwise probley score at the other end.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I didn’t like Dobbin on the wing at Lincoln (and he could play the main striker role  )and I certainly didn’t like Knight at RB .( He is a midfielder IMO )

Up the Rams the future looks bright .

PS Liam Rosenior has restored my faith in him .

He proved yesterday he’s flexible and adaptable.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-rosenior-knight-kenny-7599522

I was pleased that lr was advised its best not to play knight in the defense position.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

May way thinking was when struggling get in and around the back of opposition with pang pace and power could split defences in half. 

Like when trying long kick with not many wycombe players around at the time could down otherwise probley score at the other end.

I though it was great the way the team just got going after Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Collins came on .

The right hand side just burst into life but you asked if Nathaniel Mendez-Laing could play down the middle .

He could but would be less effective IMO .

Sibley and McGoldrick worked well together and Hourihane scored brilliant goals .

McGoldricks ball for Hourihanes first goal was perfect and Sibley worked hard all game and was responsible for Hourihane getting the winner .

Hourihane hits a ball beautifully just like Charlie George used to and that’s some compliment  

18 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-rosenior-knight-kenny-7599522

I was pleased that lr was advised its best not to play knight in the defense position.

Well, another international manager putting us right. But yeah.

"He can play there, Jason is a versatile player, but it would be preferential for us if he were playing higher up the pitch," Kenny said. "He has had an impact at international level as an attacking midfield player.

He has so much energy, inventive spirit. His ability to press high, his ability to take the ball on the half-turn, his dribbling ability.

And you felt he was getting better for us. He had a good window himself the last time, performing very well as an attacking midfielder. And that’s what we see him as.

So we don’t want to have him inhibited by playing right-back for a period, and that stifling his creative instincts or ability to play as an attacking midfielder.

And I don’t think he sees his future at right-back. And we don’t really either, but I understand needs must at every club, and every manager must make the best decision for himself. And I respect that.”

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

No mate, he’s better cutting in. More time to twist n turn and get his shot or killer pass away.

He’s been a winger all his career so I doubt your idea will be taken on.  

West Ham turned Antonio from a winger to a CF of sorts , similar style of player. Question as @Magicman says further down is would you lose that power on the wing and not gain much benefit ? 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
added a bit

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well, another international manager putting us right. But yeah.

"He can play there, Jason is a versatile player, but it would be preferential for us if he were playing higher up the pitch," Kenny said. "He has had an impact at international level as an attacking midfield player.

He has so much energy, inventive spirit. His ability to press high, his ability to take the ball on the half-turn, his dribbling ability.

And you felt he was getting better for us. He had a good window himself the last time, performing very well as an attacking midfielder. And that’s what we see him as.

So we don’t want to have him inhibited by playing right-back for a period, and that stifling his creative instincts or ability to play as an attacking midfielder.

And I don’t think he sees his future at right-back. And we don’t really either, but I understand needs must at every club, and every manager must make the best decision for himself. And I respect that.”

Passive-aggressive interference in club affairs at its finest. Kenny should concern himself with looking after Ireland, unless they're going to start paying Jason's wages. 

21 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What do you guys think

One of the things LR has done this season and last is move players around during a game. Festy last season the best example, and he did the same with Fozzie.  I think NML is most useful out wide on the right  - he just loves to power down the line. But he’s shown he can finish so I think a temporary switch during a game is an interesting idea