Derby v Cheltenham 24/09 potential postponement

Caerphilly Ram

• 1 month later...

FA Cup final is more or less a month later than it used to be when I still had hair. Also having the 5th round midweek is inexcusable, it makes me sick. I blame the police, who started it all by insisting replays couldn't be in the week straight after the first game. ?

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

FA Cup final is more or less a month later than it used to be when I still had hair. Also having the 5th round midweek is inexcusable, it makes me sick. I blame the police, who started it all by insisting replays couldn't be in the week straight after the first game. ?

More to do with the Word cup.

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

The practical challenges of having the replays during the week straight after the first game are quite costly.  With regard to the police, they have fully prepare, to police the potential replay, as they have to give officers 7 days notice to work that shift. The same can be said for the ground staff, programme producers, food outlets, etc, etc. So all of these preparations have to be made for every away side in each round, that's 32 police forces and clubs in the 3rd, out of which only 7 have required replays. So, that would be a wasted preparation on 25 occasions.