Champions League | 22/23 Season

Day

20 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Just been to the Barca game, it’s just a different level of football. Lewandowski what a footballer ?? 

40F17F66-5C00-44CA-AF58-84DB77085B5F.jpeg

Did you need an oxygen mask ? 

Pulling your leg - Barca and Real Madrid are on my bucket list of stadiums to visit

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Done it myself a couple of years ago on a whim, Spanish Cup game €29.

Same as me was there with work and it was either another team meal or go to seethe Nou Camp to watch a champions league game…..cost me €49

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Did you need an oxygen mask ? 

Pulling your leg - Barca and Real Madrid are on my bucket list of stadiums to visit

Great experience, would definitely recommend it.The football wasn’t as good as the Rams in L1 though, but you can’t have everything 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I missed that, what was that about?

There was some discussion last week about rangers not playing the game tonight (this being when the League was busy cancelling everything) and if it wasn't postponed would it be a forfeit and a 3-0 win awarded to Napoli. There was also (twitter) discussion of "should rangers take that because that's probably as good as they'd get by playing it" from snarky accounts.

In the end it was just all chit chat, and Scottish football is back on same as English football is. And rangers lost 3-0, although it sounds like rangers did put up a decent show even with 10 mrnnin the second half.

12 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Dortmund 1-0 up at Man City - Grealish substituted after an hour of being anonymous again - looks like a huge waste of £100m - they’d be lucky to get £25m if they put him up for sale now…..

Pep should have text me, I could have told him that and saved a shed load of money. Phillips as well, money down the drain.

8 hours ago, David said:

Pep should have text me, I could have told him that and saved a shed load of money. Phillips as well, money down the drain.

It’s ridiculous how overpriced English players are. 

Grealish is a quality player. But he looks relatively average in City colours because his teammates are better.

Imagine how much Cancelo, KDB, Dias and Haaland would be worth if they were English? You’d be talking £150m each.

On the one hand City should be applauded for using English players. They’d be even better if they replaced the likes of Stones, Walker, Grealish, Phillips, Cole Palmer and even Foden with cheaper foreign players. 

I’m not sure what the rules are on homegrown though.

Of all the top teams, I think they use the most English players.

Liverpool have TAA, Harvey Elliot and Curtis Jones.

Spurs have Kane, Dier and Winks.

Chelsea have Mount, James, Sterling and Loftus-Cheek.

United have Maguire, Shaw, Sancho and Rashford

Arsenal have Saka, NKetiah, White, Ramsdale, Smith Rowe and Holding.

I’d say Liverpool are the team that uses the fewest.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s ridiculous how overpriced English players are. 

Grealish is a quality player. But he looks relatively average in City colours because his teammates are better.

Imagine how much Cancelo, KDB, Dias and Haaland would be worth if they were English? You’d be talking £150m each.

On the one hand City should be applauded for using English players. They’d be even better if they replaced the likes of Stones, Walker, Grealish, Phillips, Cole Palmer and even Foden with cheaper foreign players. 

I’m not sure what the rules are on homegrown though.

Of all the top teams, I think they use the most English players.

Liverpool have TAA, Harvey Elliot and Curtis Jones.

Spurs have Kane, Dier and Winks.

Chelsea have Mount, James, Sterling and Loftus-Cheek.

United have Maguire, Shaw, Sancho and Rashford

Arsenal have Saka, NKetiah, White, Ramsdale, Smith Rowe and Holding.

I’d say Liverpool are the team that uses the fewest.

Players used so far in the league:

Man City - Foden, Grealish, Walker, Akeley, Stones, Palmer, Lewis, Phillips

Liverpool - Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Elliott, Phillips, Henderson, Carvalho Milner, Clark

Spurs - Kane, Davies, Sessegnon, Spence

Chelsea - James, Sterling, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Chillwell, Broja, Chalobah, Gallagher

Man Utd - Rashford, McTominay, Sancho, Elanga, Maguire, Ronaldo, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Garnacho

Arsenal - Martinelli, Saka, White, Ramsdale, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, Holding

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Players used so far in the league:

Man City - Foden, Grealish, Walker, Akeley, Stones, Palmer, Lewis, Phillips

Liverpool - Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Elliott, Phillips, Henderson, Carvalho Milner, Clark

Spurs - Kane, Davies, Sessegnon, Spence

Chelsea - James, Sterling, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Chillwell, Broja, Chalobah, Gallagher

Man Utd - Rashford, McTominay, Sancho, Elanga, Maguire, Ronaldo, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Garnacho

Arsenal - Martinelli, Saka, White, Ramsdale, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, Holding

I’m always surprised that Ronaldo didn’t get more caps for England. . 

Edited by TigerTedd