FA ban Hooters from sponsoring under 10s football team

Tyler Durden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-62769416

An under-10s football team has been told by the FA it must cease its sponsorship deal with Hooters.

The restaurant chain is known for having waitresses in revealing outfits, and its name is a double entendre referring to owls and women's breasts.

Hooters of Nottingham announced the deal with Burton Joyce Football Club in a Facebook post on Thursday, leading some people to complain.

The BBC has asked the football club and Hooters of Nottingham to comment.

Burton Joyce Football Club, based in Nottinghamshire, said it "will be issuing a statement on this matter over the weekend", while Hooters of Nottingham said its managing director was currently "away" and nobody else could comment.

'Reinforce their understanding'

Elaine Oram, senior safeguarding lead for Nottinghamshire FA, told the BBC a letter had been sent to Burton Joyce FC telling them "they need to cease the sponsorship deal".

In a statement, Nottinghamshire FA said: "The County FA had not been approached by the club seeking sanction for the sponsorship and had we have been, the request would have been declined in accordance with FA rules appertaining to the Kit and Advertising Regulations.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-62769416

An under-10s football team has been told by the FA it must cease its sponsorship deal with Hooters.

The restaurant chain is known for having waitresses in revealing outfits, and its name is a double entendre referring to owls and women's breasts.

Hooters of Nottingham announced the deal with Burton Joyce Football Club in a Facebook post on Thursday, leading some people to complain.

The BBC has asked the football club and Hooters of Nottingham to comment.

Burton Joyce Football Club, based in Nottinghamshire, said it "will be issuing a statement on this matter over the weekend", while Hooters of Nottingham said its managing director was currently "away" and nobody else could comment.

'Reinforce their understanding'

Elaine Oram, senior safeguarding lead for Nottinghamshire FA, told the BBC a letter had been sent to Burton Joyce FC telling them "they need to cease the sponsorship deal".

In a statement, Nottinghamshire FA said: "The County FA had not been approached by the club seeking sanction for the sponsorship and had we have been, the request would have been declined in accordance with FA rules appertaining to the Kit and Advertising Regulations.

What is the double entendre involving owls and women’s breasts? 

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks. Much of that definition was already known to me apart from the alternative name.
i was aware of the Nottingham eaterie and it’s reputation although I have never been. I mean it’s in Nottingham for a start. 

It's actually ok for what it is just a bit of a trek outside of town 

You see more flesh on Skeggy beach to be fair though.

It's one of those places you go to so you can say you've been and cross it off your list and never go again 

Edited by Tyler Durden

I don't really understand this. As far as I'm aware Hooters is just a restaurant? The waitresses are dressed in pretty skimpy clothes, but it's not like they actually get their norks out (please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'll be booking immediately).

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't really understand this. As far as I'm aware Hooters is just a restaurant? The waitresses are dressed in pretty skimpy clothes, but it's not like they actually get their norks out (please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'll be booking immediately).

As said previously you see more flesh at Skeg Vegas beach in December 

10 hours ago, Anon said:

In which case a better deal would be with Preston Nork End surely? ?