Knight playing Right back

BatRam

7 minutes ago, chadlad said:

I thought that today’s game illustrated why we need Jason Knight in the centre of midfield. His energy and aggression were sorely missed there especially in the 2nd half.

Absolutely wasted at full back.

Especially as he was at fault for the first goal. 

Our best two players today were Knight, playing at RB, and McGoldrick who is probably who Knight would replace if he moved there. 

Sure Rosenior would’ve loved to move him there in the second half. Unfortunately we are not really in a position to carry a right back to bring on in his place 

5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Especially as he was at fault for the first goal. 

Bit harsh I think. He went too early but the fella was 30 yards from goal and out wide putting a cross in from an angle.  If anything, we needed to battle harder for the second ball, and Wildsmith needs to let Cashin know he's got things covered as the  initial- pretty tame- effort was heading straight at him prior to Cashins multi foot ping pong.   I agree he should be in midfield ahead of anyone else though

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit harsh I think. He went too early but the fella was 30 yards from goal and out wide putting a cross in from an angle.  If anything, we needed to battle harder for the second ball, and Wildsmith needs to let Cashin know he's got things covered as the  initial- pretty tame- effort was heading straight at him prior to Cashins multi foot ping pong.   I agree he should be in midfield ahead of anyone else though

To suggest Wildsmith could tell Cashin to let that shot go is laughable. That goal was just one of those things. 

It did turn the game though. 

23 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Our best two players today were Knight, playing at RB, and McGoldrick who is probably who Knight would replace if he moved there. 

Sure Rosenior would’ve loved to move him there in the second half. Unfortunately we are not really in a position to carry a right back to bring on in his place 

Surely in a midfield 3 Knight would the box to box player with McGoldrick or Sibley as the number 10 and Bird holding.

His biggest asset is his great engine he will run all day long, today we just ran out off legs in the middle of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i assume you just come on here to antagonise people mate as you can't let anyone have an opinion without an aggressive overtone.  You certainly have a dislike for me.  Whatever. End of conversation.

You react to laughable as if its a bad thing

We all need some comedy 

2 hours ago, chadlad said:

Surely in a midfield 3 Knight would the box to box player with McGoldrick or Sibley as the number 10 and Bird holding.

His biggest asset is his great engine he will run all day long, today we just ran out off legs in the middle of the pitch.

I think Knight in a 2, which he’d be if Sibley or McGoldrick played, would find all of the positive aspects of his play which we supposedly do not have in midfield currently, negated. 

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He played Whittaker onside. Everyone else had pushed out. 

16 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i assume you just come on here to antagonise people mate as you can't let anyone have an opinion without an aggressive overtone.  You certainly have a dislike for me.  Whatever. End of conversation.

P. S. Shouting 'mine' woukd lead to an indirect free kick to Plymouth 

Whereas I do think knight is our strongest option at right back currently… that’s two home games in a row we have got completely overrun in midfield. Think we need knights energy in there - not sure what’s happening atm but bird cannot seem to get control of the game the way that his talent and physique suggests he should be doing. Maybe it’s the way we are set up and maybe Korey smith would have made a difference yesterday coming on if fit help us get some more control of the game. Think we need a way to combat teams who swarm hourihane and bird. 

Hmmm , i feel getting overun was more down to management not individuals. Knight cant play cam as he's been put there before. Hes more of a shinnie type player. But them positions are currently taken by bird and hourihane. I didnt get chance to watch the game as i was rehearsing. Did we atleast change formation to prevent being overrun or did he just change midfield players and they carried on getting overun?

3 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Hmmm , i feel getting overun was more down to management not individuals. Knight cant play cam as he's been put there before. Hes more of a shinnie type player. But them positions are currently taken by bird and hourihane. I didnt get chance to watch the game as i was rehearsing. Did we atleast change formation to prevent being overrun or did he just change midfield players and they carried on getting overun?

My opinion is it's completely down to the individuals.  Bird and hourihane dont have the engine or speed like knight possesses and that allowed us to get overrun.

Hourihane is renowned for having a wand of a left foot but on saturday it was anything but. I can only put this down to tired legs from being given the run around all game.

It's honestly a no brainer for me. Knight has to go in midfield for Bird.