Great games

Oldben

18 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Remember listening to Graham Richards commentary, incredible atmosphere that day and we were so close to going through ?

I was in the popside near the Ozzie end craning to see round a tall guy when Kitson headed in…..when the mayhem ceased I was a good three feet in front of him. A memorable night.

23 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

I was in the popside near the Ozzie end craning to see round a tall guy when Kitson headed in…..when the mayhem ceased I was a good three feet in front of him. A memorable night.

Yep, proper mayhem on the Popside that night. My mate and I tried to help up a bloke who we thought had got crushed when that goal went in. Turned out he had dropped his car keys. I think he is still looking for them...

20 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'll break the trend here and go for this one we lost.  Proper end to end and loud as fook and a great scissor volley when the roof nearly came off.  No place rocked like the old place on a cold FA cup night. Villa got two penalties for sod all.

Thanks for that. A defeat but great memories. Still one of my favourite goals. I didn't realise Ted had made McGrath look like a fool. Pop side at 17 was awesome 

On 01/09/2022 at 23:17, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'll break the trend here and go for this one we lost.  Proper end to end and loud as fook and a great scissor volley when the roof nearly came off.  No place rocked like the old place on a cold FA cup night. Villa got two penalties for sod all.

One of the best games I’ve seen we lost 6-4 to Chelsea at the BBG, like the Villa game great football 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember that one 4-3 up at one point having been 3-1 down.  Saunders and Durie hatricks?

Yes think so, Durie what a good player. I remember a lad from school (he’d be 15/16) sat in front of me (coop stand) and he was a Chelsea fan, when they scored their 6th he stood up and cheered and a 40+ year old bloke smacked him right in the mouth . I chuckled as he was a bit of a bully at school 

4 minutes ago, TimRam said:

2018 WBA 1 Derby 4. In addition to all of the above, I've chosen a recent game. Totally unexpected as I think WBA were flying high at the time.

Good shout…..awesome that day. Reminds me of a similar performance under the Bald Eagle, a 4-1 win v Brum at St Andrews. They were also riding a wave at the time ?

On 01/09/2022 at 23:17, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What a game! Had it all... Gabbiadini introduced pre-match if I remember right. Shilton (who gets a lot of stick for his penalty record) saves two in on game, Super Ted turning Villa's defence inside out again and again and possibly one of the best grandstand finishes to a match I recall.

Shame about the result but can only begin to imagine how mad the scenes would've been had we got that equaliser.

a personal favourite of mine as first experience of the Popside.