Whinging Villa fans

hintonsboots

They’re at it again. Not happy with premiership football and a massive squad of talent. Gerrard and team booed off v West Ham yesterday, only 4 games in.

How would they have coped with what we’ve been through over the last few seasons?

I’m afraid the writing is on the wall Stevie Lar.

What a bunch of ungrateful Whingers.

Edited by hintonsboots

19 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Not happy with premiership football and a massive squad of talent.

That’s not true is it. 

They are not happy with the position they are in and the results, but I highly doubt they would prefer to be in the Championship.

When Gerrard took over after doing a decent job at Rangers, signing Coutinho on loan it’s going to raise expectations and when they fail to deliver, fans won’t be happy.

Not sure they are different to any other fans in that regard. 

2 hours ago, David said:

That’s not true is it. 

They are not happy with the position they are in and the results, but I highly doubt they would prefer to be in the Championship.

When Gerrard took over after doing a decent job at Rangers, signing Coutinho on loan it’s going to raise expectations and when they fail to deliver, fans won’t be happy.

Not sure they are different to any other fans in that regard. 

I would say not content with Premier league football is a better description. Whatever your view, they should not be booing their team off the pitch, four games into the season.

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

They’re at it again. Not happy with premiership football and a massive squad of talent. Gerrard and team booed off v West Ham yesterday, only 4 games in.

How would they have coped with what we’ve been through over the last few seasons?

I’m afraid the writing is on the wall Stevie Lar.

What a bunch of ungrateful Whingers.

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor   Sob sob poor old Villa

57 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

This is it. Derby fans would be exactly the same. Any club would. 

Everything is relative. Villa are a top half Prem club now, and should be better. 

Well they’ve finished 17th, 11th and 14th and are now 15th. So not quite.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Look at last season. Their poor form is a lot longer than 4 games this season. They’ve been pretty crap all 2022.

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

This is it. Derby fans would be exactly the same. Any club would. 

Everything is relative. Villa are a top half Prem club now, and should be better. 

Don’t know about top half but definitely been sliding as you and @Srgsay sometime now.

I’ve no dislike for Villa, firstly know a few Villa fans and they sided with us naturally in our banter with blues fans, secondly Villa away much better away experience than the Small Heath pig pen. 
Given their start, can get their angst, so hope they turn it around myself but I’m hearing Gerrard is being found out now by better tacticians from my Villa mates ?‍♂️

See where they are 10 games in, if there’s not much change and I reckon he’ll be gone.

Gerrard starting out at Rangers was the worst thing he could do.

He didn't need to be good tactically, he bullied his way back to the SPL and caught Celtic in transition. Why Villa's owner thought he could be a mid table premiership manager I'll never know.

At best he's a David Moyes. 

He'll struggle this season, both him and Frank will be sacked before Christmas (unless Frank pulls out a Leeds play off semifinal run of performances).

13 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

But when did we last boo the lads off. I can remember losing 0-4 to Wolves under Roy Mac, but that was ? 25 years ago.

You honestly can't remember us booing the team off less than 25 years ago? Our fans regularly booed the team off with virtually every manager we had under Mel Morris except maybe Mac1 and the same for managers before Mel.