Nicknames

Poynton ram

I know I will divide opinion here but I have heard a couple of our younger players refer to LR as Rosie in Ramstv interviews.

Showing my age here but not sure if I am comfortable with that but maybe it reflects the strong team spirit in the camp. I suppose if we keep winning then it doesn't matter.

I suspect a few players will have had nicknames for managers over the years, not all printable. Wonder if Warnock enjoyed being called Colin? ?

7 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

I know I will divide opinion here but I have heard a couple of our younger players refer to LR as Rosie in Ramstv interviews.

Showing my age here but not sure if I am comfortable with that but maybe it reflects the strong team spirit in the camp. I suppose if we keep winning then it doesn't matter.

I suspect a few players will have had nicknames for managers over the years, not all printable. Wonder if Warnock enjoyed being called Colin? ?

Not as bad as Gladys though.

I noticed that in Bird’s interview - to be honest, I’m less concerned that they have a nickname for him, more than it’s a s*** one. I mean, Rosie, really? Is there nowt better they could come up with?! 

It is an interesting dynamic though, and one that I don’t think is unique to our club. It tends to be that managers and players are seen as more on an equal footing in the modern game, and there’s mutual respect there - rather than the manager being seen as “above” the players, like in the past where they’d have only ever been called “boss” or “ gaffer”. 

Don’t think it’s a bad thing though, so long as the players do still respect the managers decisions. Think it’s good for team spirit and togetherness for the players to be close to the manager, which we know is really important and can take you a long way. So long as they’re not too “friendly” and Rosenior can still get them working their hardest then it’s all fine.

Would love to know the nicknames our past players had for Nigel Pearson though!

1 hour ago, EranioIsGod said:

James Collins to be Jim then?

Rosie and Jim... 

If Collins is a success then I reckon he could become “the other JC” 

Barkhuisen = Doghouse  ?

Mcgoldrick = The bearded wonder 

Chester = I’d suggest Barry (for those who know about Saville row suits ) 

Hourihan .. now that makes me remember MASH but we can’t really call him hot lips so maybe “The Terminator” 

I think I’d better leave now before my coat gets thrown out of the door