Gotta love Extinction Rebellion

Bob The Badger

17 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well, congratulations to everyone complaining on the thread about their actions. 

It's generating loads of free publicity, which is exactly what they want. 

A little while ago I would have agreed with you but now I believe the more publicity they get the better , the more ordinary people get to see them and talk about this the better , ordinary people are really getting the full picture now of what we are being faced with , how totally unhinged these people are and by extension just how crazy these net zero targets for the U.K. are , when people are asked in a survey in future if they support saving the planet they will want to qualify the question rather than just say yes of course,

they were joined today on the m25 by animal rebellion demanding we are all moved to a plant based diet ,, we all know the food chain is next up

Edited by Archied

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

I believe the more publicity they get the better , the more ordinary people get to see them and talk about this the better , ordinary people are really getting the full picture now of what we are being faced with , how totally unhinged these people are and by extension just how crazy these net zero targets for the U.K. are

That's quite a leap! I'm not sure many people would make that connection  - mainly because the two things aren't really connected at all

The protesters are clearly passionate to the point of taking actions that most of us consider pretty extreme. But as Gboro says - that is purposefully done to keep climate change in the news

The net zero targets are a totally different issue. What we've committed to and how we achieve it are up for debate sure, but the actions of these protesters have no bearing on that debate

I think the penny is starting to drop with a lot of people that being unhappy with the protesters might be a natural reaction, but it's insignificant in relation to the fact that we're on course to make the planet uninhabitable for the human race. None of this matters when we're all dead

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

The problem is we have is government s being pushed to make policies on these worst case scenario’s , media pushing these worst case scenario’s, highway to hell speeches using more worst case scenario’s and vunerable people in a real mental anguish doing stupid things endangering themselves and others not to mention creating massive problems in other peoples lives on these worst case scenario’s,

so perhaps the game you describe of pointing out ALL of these ,predictions, worst case scenario’s, faulty models is the good and right thing to be doing ,

I think ordinary people are catching on here , maybe the people pumping these things out are grifters

The solution then is for the governments just to simply pay attention to the relevant scientific papers on the subject as well as the established climate model predictions, rather than to the media.  The media, as you know, do tend to sensationalize things in order to increase viewers and clicks on their websites. 

That's what the IPCC is supposed to be of course, the relevant scientists directly advising governments, and that's why their assessments and predictions are generally taken seriously.  Although, a lot of scientists working for the IPCC fear that their predictions are actually underestimates, necessary in order to establish a consensus, rather than merely stating the mean opinion of all the scientists involved. 

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's quite a leap! I'm not sure many people would make that connection  - mainly because the two things aren't really connected at all

The protesters are clearly passionate to the point of taking actions that most of us consider pretty extreme. But as Gboro says - that is purposefully done to keep climate change in the news

The net zero targets are a totally different issue. What we've committed to and how we achieve it are up for debate sure, but the actions of these protesters have no bearing on that debate

I think the penny is starting to drop with a lot of people that being unhappy with the protesters might be a natural reaction, but it's insignificant in relation to the fact that we're on course to make the planet uninhabitable for the human race. None of this matters when we're all dead

Tell that to the makers of speeches like 1 minute to midnight , highway to hell and the rest , tell that to risky who wants to pump taxpayers money out when we’ve already established on here that the U.K. hitting net zero targets will have as good as net zero affect on climate change , as I stated I’m all for sensible manageable change but not crisis hysteria 

interesting not one single person is able to come on here and accept hallam is a grifter if using the same parameters they dismiss others and all they say as grifters when it suits they’re view 

quite sad really

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Tell that to the makers of speeches like 1 minute to midnight , highway to hell and the rest , tell that to risky who wants to pump taxpayers money out when we’ve already established on here that the U.K. hitting net zero targets will have as good as net zero affect on climate change , as I stated I’m all for sensible manageable change but not crisis hysteria 

interesting not one single person is able to come on here and accept hallam is a grifter if using the same parameters they dismiss others and all they say as grifters when it suits they’re view 

quite sad really

Hallam looks like he's a grifter. 

Some grifters use the science to grift. Some go against the science to grift. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Hallam looks like he's a grifter. 

Some grifters use the science to grift. Some go against the science to grift. 

Absolute quality ,,,reminds me of red dwarf episode when they try to teach Crieghton to lie and insult ??????

Edited by Archied

44 minutes ago, Archied said:

quite sad really

Ok - let's do nothing then. Won't matter when we're all dead

And who is this Hallam you keep banging on about?

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ok - let's do nothing then. Won't matter when we're all dead

And who is this Hallam you keep banging on about?

Roger hallam , co founder of extinction rebellion, co founder of insulate Britain, orchestrator of civil unrest who apparently is financed by donations from followers, Google him and his stated political aims

14 minutes ago, Archied said:

Roger hallam , co founder of extinction rebellion, co founder of insulate Britain, orchestrator of civil unrest who apparently is financed by donations from followers, Google him and his stated political aims

Wasn't aware of him, but I see he has a patreon asking for people to donate to help him carry on his activism, but does that make him a grifter? What is the swindle? His activism is pretty public and his target is £3k per month (which this month looks to have not even reach half of that). Are you suggesting that he's just pretending to care about the planet for the money? 

56 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Wasn't aware of him, but I see he has a patreon asking for people to donate to help him carry on his activism, but does that make him a grifter? What is the swindle? His activism is pretty public and his target is £3k per month (which this month looks to have not even reach half of that). Are you suggesting that he's just pretending to care about the planet for the money? 

I’m not really sure it’s possible to communicate with this level of double standards and self deception, best I can do is challenge the echo chamber

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I've never heard of him either. Could he be in it for the money and fame? Yes he could. Does that change any of the evidence? No it doesn't. 

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Why? do you want them to stay with them while there’s no risk of them falling off?  The police apparently have “proper criminals to catch”

I guess they could just leave one PC instead of a load.

To quote Frankie Boyle.

"The police are now so busy manning protests, hundreds of women in London are going un-attacked".

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I've never heard of him either. Could he be in it for the money and fame? Yes he could. Does that change any of the evidence? No it doesn't. 

Have you heard of Mike yeadon ? David icke , ? Joe rogan ? ,, quick look away ,pretend we don’t know who they’re talking about

I fully the support the sentiments of reducing fossil fuel use but the methodology is totally abhorrent to me. We live in a democracy and basically cannot let anarchy win (on anything not just this).

I heard a policeman say they have  a duty of care. Who to and on what basis. If someone is drunk, ill, or mentally distressed, then fine, help them. But if some apparently sane individual can climb up a gantry then they can climb down when no-one notices them. No need to close the road. Let them stew.

52 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I fully the support the sentiments of reducing fossil fuel use but the methodology is totally abhorrent to me. We live in a democracy and basically cannot let anarchy win (on anything not just this).

I heard a policeman say they have  a duty of care. Who to and on what basis. If someone is drunk, ill, or mentally distressed, then fine, help them. But if some apparently sane individual can climb up a gantry then they can climb down when no-one notices them. No need to close the road. Let them stew.

Problem is it is easy for drivers to be distracted and accidents occur, some attempting to unfurl and fix banners on gantries, things could be accidentally dropped or if police just ignore them and leave them up there ,where does it go next, the intention is civil disobedience and to stop traffic, they clearly and openly say any harm or loss of life is regrettable BUT, so if just being up there does not achieve stopping the traffic on a high speed motorway what’s the next level, after all it’s clear this is not #climate change it’s # climate hysteria ,

just aresst them , section them to secure mental heath facilities until it stops , job done

Edited by Archied