Fires in Spain

Malagaram

We are surrounded by forest fires and yesterday we were told to evacuate our home on Alhaurine Golf,back home now having been told it was safe to do so,but yesterday it was big,big,big,3300 people have been evacuated from Alhaurine el Grande and El Torre,estimate forrest destroyed at 5000 hectares.Helicopters are taking water from the lakes on our golf course,every 6 minuites one drops its bucket,and yesterday we went to my partners rented villa overlooking the mediteranean,where we could see those big yellow fire planes scooping sea water.I think they are using fire retardant chemical now.

So all in all a day of fear,but nice to be home with my computer on seeing that we won our second friendly.

Hope you all in Derbyshire keep cool,Up the Rams

Best of luck to you pal. Climate change, as we are all aware, is having an effect around the world. The UK certainly isn't immune, with more flash floods likely, causing a different kind of devastation. Not helped by a comedic government who don't have a clue. But that's another story.....

18 hours ago, Malagaram said:

We are surrounded by forest fires and yesterday we were told to evacuate our home on Alhaurine Golf,back home now having been told it was safe to do so,but yesterday it was big,big,big,3300 people have been evacuated from Alhaurine el Grande and El Torre,estimate forrest destroyed at 5000 hectares.Helicopters are taking water from the lakes on our golf course,every 6 minuites one drops its bucket,and yesterday we went to my partners rented villa overlooking the mediteranean,where we could see those big yellow fire planes scooping sea water.I think they are using fire retardant chemical now.

So all in all a day of fear,but nice to be home with my computer on seeing that we won our second friendly.

Hope you all in Derbyshire keep cool,Up the Rams

Good luck to you. Sat in the AEG/Coin campo watching the fires develop over the last couple of days. Looking much better now