Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

So they then do the same in the away leg? Great plan!

we gave them 2600 apparently and been given 2373 in return. It’s hardly unfair is it. And like someone mentioned I think we’d want to do the same in return if could get promotion. Would you rather extra derby fans there or some away fans?

I was overseas when we played Sheffield  Wednesday in our home game but out of interest why were they only given 2600 - was it police advise or something strange when we have had many more away fans attend like Oxford etc. There hasn’t t ever been any real bother with them.

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I was overseas when we played Sheffield  Wednesday in our home game but out of interest why were they only given 2600 - was it police advise or something strange when we have had many more away fans attend like Oxford etc. There hasn’t t ever been any real bother with them.

I throught we given them all 3k if my memory serves me right.

But my memory is the great anymore.

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Have no idea, read it on here to be honest so don’t think is fact! But am sure was said that gave Wednesday 2600, Ipswich 3100.

would imagine is because first game back after World Cup and our first home game in about six weeks that we thought we could sell the tickets to home fans instead.

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got tickets to Wendies away due to away membership. I was hoping we would get the lower half of the stand and would be able to move down there. Are we saying that they are going to put home fans below us ?

Yes.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry , to be clear , they go on sale in the morning . The facilities in that top bit are very poor.

I know, I'm forever moaning about it on here but to no avail.

Actually,  the away facilities have been rubbish at a lot of grounds this season, but some are poorly supported clubs. Sheffield Wednesday have no such excuse.

I was told by someone I trust very well who is a bit of an insider at Weds that it is their deliberate policy not to modernise or make the away end too comfortable for the fans. Others on here have said it's a ridiculous idea, but I know who I believe.

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

Actually,  the away facilities have been rubbish at a lot of grounds this season, but some are poorly supported clubs. Sheffield Wednesday have no such excuse.

I was told by someone I trust very well who is a bit of an insider at Weds that it is their deliberate policy not to modernise or make the away end too comfortable for the fans. Others on here have said it's a ridiculous idea, but I know who I believe.

I was one of those that originally expressed incredulity at what you had heard but I’m happy to trust your source. It is a ridiculous policy though. I totally get why they would prioritise their own fans areas but to deliberately set out to make the experience for away fans uncomfortable is incredibly small minded makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Perhaps that speaks volumes of their owner. As I say, I trust you and your source but I can’t make sense of the policy decision.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I was one of those that originally expressed incredulity at what you had heard but I’m happy to trust your source. It is a ridiculous policy though. I totally get why they would prioritise their own fans areas but to deliberately set out to make the experience for away fans uncomfortable is incredibly small minded makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Perhaps that speaks volumes of their owner. As I say, I trust you and your source but I can’t make sense of the policy decision.

Is it Norwich which paint their away dressing room Pink to mess with testosterone levels?

Not surprising some clubs have set out to make it a horrible experience for away fans, look at Newcastle, send you up into the goods where you’re out of breath and even if you could sing nobody will hear you up there.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Is it Norwich which paint their away dressing room Pink to mess with testosterone levels?

Not surprising some clubs have set out to make it a horrible experience for away fans, look at Newcastle, send you up into the goods where you’re out of breath and even if you could sing nobody will hear you up there.

Messing with the minds of the visiting players to try and unsettle them (as per Norwich) is a bit different to deliberately making the experience for away fans poor IMO.

With regard to Newcastle, I've never been there but isn't that another example of just priotising their own fans by giving the worst area to the visitors?

As I say, I do believe what has been heard but find it incredibly. There are lots of things I find incredibly but am prepared to believe. For example, some of the things our politicians say and do, people saying they find certain TV programmes entertaining, folk saying they support Notts Forest, even our planet and nature itself. (OK, the Forest thing is taking it a bit too far. 😀)

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Knowing intimately, the the history of the whole club's denials of responsibility for the disaster, I have no doubts about what Angie has been told. What happened there in 1989 was the catalyst for the creation of the modern stadia where we are all supposed to be able to sit down comfortably and safely.  It's also quite shocking that to this day the whole end, apart from ripping down the death cages and screwing some quite uncomfortable seats into the terraces where so many were killed or seriously injured, remains as it did on the day of the disaster. For me the Wendie's fans are welcome to sit in the homicide scene if they are comfortable with it.

The FA who hosted the game that day, should have given back some of the obscene wealth they have accumulated since to pay for the demolition and reconstruction of the whole Lepping's Lane End years ago.

The steep gradient of the upper tier and its inadequately small concourses would not be acceptable in a modern-build football stadium.

Having said that, I have no doubt that on the 7th of May we will pay our usual tribute to the memory of the victims by standing up except for our half-time sit-down.

18 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Police advice, like with others this season (Port Vale wasn't it?) where they viewed the potential for trouble to be significant and required additional segregation. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

What do you expect, its Yorkshire. The only good thing to come out of it, is the road to Derbyshire.

53 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Knowing intimately, the the history of the whole club's denials of responsibility for the disaster, I have no doubts about what Angie has been told. What happened there in 1989 was the catalyst for the creation of the modern stadia where we are all supposed to be able to sit down comfortably and safely.  It's also quite shocking that to this day the whole end, apart from ripping down the death cages and screwing some quite uncomfortable seats into the terraces where so many were killed or seriously injured, remains as it did on the day of the disaster. For me the Wendie's fans are welcome to sit in the homicide scene if they are comfortable with it.

The FA who hosted the game that day, should have given back some of the obscene wealth they have accumulated since to pay for the demolition and reconstruction of the whole Lepping's Lane End years ago.

The steep gradient of the upper tier and its inadequately small concourses would not be acceptable in a modern-build football stadium.

Having said that, I have no doubt that on the 7th of May we will pay our usual tribute to the memory of the victims by standing up except for our half-time sit-down.

It's shameful that the authorities seemed to have just turned  blind eye to the issues for so long and, whilst I have no love for Newcastle fans, it's taken their complaints for some (but not enough) action to be taken and yet some blame them for the resultant action  leading to a reduced away allocation.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

What do you expect, its Yorkshire. The only good thing to come out of it, is the road to Derbyshire.

To be fair, my old fella used to add "and a bit of decent steel from Sheffield" to that statement, but I'm not sure that is even true nowadays, (as it all seems to come from China)?

Edited by Grumpy Git

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got tickets to Wendies away due to away membership. I was hoping we would get the lower half of the stand and would be able to move down there. Are we saying that they are going to put home fans below us ?

Yes basicly